Our valued sponsor

US account for US LLC as non resident

ecky

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Can anyone give some advice on opening a US business account for a US (Wyoming) registered LLC as a non resident, I am British.

I need an actual bank not an EMI as I need to receive and issue LCs, but am I right in assuming it will be next to impossible to open the account without being there in person? And exactly what would I need, just ID, article of incorporation and an EIN number?

You can try a Puerto Rico bank like Elite International. See requirements on their site.

Reactions: EliasIT and ecky
Can anyone give some advice on opening a US business account for a US (Wyoming) registered LLC as a non resident, I am British.

I need an actual bank not an EMI as I need to receive and issue LCs, but am I right in assuming it will be next to impossible to open the account without being there in person? And exactly what would I need, just ID, article of incorporation and an EIN number?
Mercury is the clearest shot, also would try Novo, Bluevine and even Brex but now they are requiring higher balances

Reactions: Eldorado
You can try a Puerto Rico bank like Elite International. See requirements on their site.

do you know if they accept foreigners for business account?

They accept as long as your company has an EIN, which foreign owned LLCs can have with no problem. If any of the banks deny is their choice and not really a prohibition, if you are really keen on a certain bank that is resisting you can hire a US based director from your Registered Agent (they usually are very cheap) and he/ she will be able to open the account signing on behalf of the LLC.

Reactions: ecky
Did anyone reached out to them in order to get a clear answer to if they accept foreigners or not?

Latest Threads