Our valued sponsor

US Bank asking for US utility bill, how to bypass this?

Mark Rucken

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
I am close to open account in the US traditional bank for US LLC with foreign member. US bank only asks for a US utility bill in the name of foreign member and apparently the account will be activated.

Any idea how to obtain this utility bill? Is there some good online provider for cable TV or mobile that would be willing to issue a utility bill for the address that I purchased for mail forwarding service?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would be straight with the bank on your situation and avoid a work around. If they won't open as non-resident then walk away and find another bank.

Just get Google Fi. But be aware that banks check for known mail forwarding service addresses. You'd be better off using a proper address, like your registered agent's address.
If you can get a different bank to open a personal account for you, bank statements also work as utility bills.

That's the main reason I keep my Google Fi number active and a Sable account.

As substitite offer local public library and get a library card, public transport monthly ticket, resident card (if available in your county), collect junk mail with your name and address., free cpr card after class from fire station, free hospital district registration card.

I am close to open account in the US traditional bank for US LLC with foreign member. US bank only asks for a US utility bill in the name of foreign member and apparently the account will be activated.

Any idea how to obtain this utility bill? Is there some good online provider for cable TV or mobile that would be willing to issue a utility bill for the address that I purchased for mail forwarding service?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
It will not be possible. Although there are other banks that will accept your business and open an account remotely in the USA.

OP how do you resolved the issue with the utility bill? I'm curious because of personal interest?

Latest Threads