Our valued sponsor

US Banks

Yes, but they won't do low earnings. Just exchange it into USD and keep it under the pillow. 2k USD.

You can just open wise in Europe and our USD there. For that you do not need us back account details.
It's to receive money. :)

I'm looking for an online bank that only requires a proof of address for verification, not the SSN, Visa or ITIN numbers.

It looks like Zenus is perfect for this. Zenus Bank | US Bank Account Requirements.

Do you know any others I can check out (except Wise)

Amnis, requires $100k FX turnover per year
majority.com
global66.com
revolut.com
wise.com

To be frankly honest with you, I would recommend you to either go to the US and open an account with a real bank or get an ITIN for a few bucks and then open a Capital One account. Both options are way better than limiting yourself to those EMI which are here for the time being and may go any time.

Reactions: jafo and LosAngeles
Amnis, requires $100k FX turnover per year
majority.com
global66.com
revolut.com
wise.com

To be frankly honest with you, I would recommend you to either go to the US and open an account with a real bank or get an ITIN for a few bucks and then open a Capital One account. Both options are way better than limiting yourself to those EMI which are here for the time being and may go any time.
Can you confirm if both majority.com and global66.com are accessible for LLCs as well?

Next problem is that if he takes a real bank, after 3 years, the account is inactive and the money goes to the state. Then he needs to fill out a 10 page form and SSN to get it back.

To be frankly honest with you, I would recommend you to either go to the US and open an account with a real bank or get an ITIN for a few bucks and then open a Capital One account.
Could you please explain in more detail why something is supposed to happen in 3 years? Do you mean 3 years of account inactivity?

Are there any consequences for a non-resident obtaining an ITIN (any new obligations, restrictions)?

Could you please explain in more detail why something is supposed to happen in 3 years? Do you mean 3 years of account inactivity?
Yes, 3 years of inactivity and the bank must close the account and give the money to the state.

Are there any consequences for a non-resident obtaining an ITIN (any new obligations, restrictions)?
No.

Reactions: jafo and usdt
You would need physical US address and most likely an ITIN number to open a bank account in traditional bank
If I'm an alien and would travel in US in order to open business bank account for US LLC, how can I confirm my physical US address?
I have a virtual mailbox from Mailroom that allows to receive regular mail (they scan it), would it be enough?
And yes, I do have ITIN.

If I'm an alien and would travel in US in order to open business bank account for US LLC, how can I confirm my physical US address?
I have a virtual mailbox from Mailroom that allows to receive regular mail (they scan it), would it be enough?
And yes, I do have ITIN.
You open a personal bank account with capital one or any other high street bank using your mailroom address. 28 days later, you can download an account statement, which serves as address proof.

Reactions: jafo
You open a personal bank account with capital one or any other high street bank using your mailroom address. 28 days later, you can download an account statement, which serves as address proof.
Ok, what if I already have Wise bank account and an account statement from them with my mailroom address. Would it work too?
Just to not wait 28 days and be able to make it within a single trip to US.

Ok, what if I already have Wise bank account and an account statement from them with my mailroom address. Would it work too?
Just to not wait 28 days and be able to make it within a single trip to US.
It will work at some banks while another manager may not accept it. I have seen managers accepting the address of an ongoing online banking session with another bank.

With an ITIN you may also have luck remotely opening your account.

Reactions: usdt
It will work at some banks while another manager may not accept it. I have seen managers accepting the address of an ongoing online banking session with another bank.

With an ITIN you may also have luck remotely opening your account.
With ITIN, are we talking about classic banks, not EMI ones?
If so, do you have some bank on your mind to try out?

EMI solutions do not work for me unfortunately as I have Russian citizenship, however I'm resident of Spain for a long time.

Mercury and other 5-6 EMIs rejected me in 2022.
I will try with TD, thank you!

Btw, do you think that I would get more luck in classic banks by opening business account in person rather than doing it with EMIs? (taking in consideration my Russian citizenship)
Yes, definitely. If you want to save time travelling, then get a personal bank account first and then go to the banks in person with your address proof. Plan enough time, you may need to visit a few, the bankers have quite some discretion whether to open an account or not. Vakifbank USA may also be an address to look at.

Reactions: ilke and SWinja

Latest Threads