Our valued sponsor

US Banks

I have some low earnings I'd like to put there. Not very much, like $2k, etc.

I often travel there and it would be nice to have a US account.

The issue is that I tried another one, and they needed a Visa (Revolut), and some require ITIN and SSN. Looking for one that uses just utility bills, or normal proof of address.

Thanks

Do you know any EMI's that only require proof of address, not ITIN, or SSN's? (e.g. Revolut requires an SSN/ITIN/Visa proof)
Yes, but they won't do low earnings. Just exchange it into USD and keep it under the pillow. 2k USD.

You can just open wise in Europe and our USD there. For that you do not need us back account details.

Reactions: jafo
Yes. Otherwise he can either get an ITIN or use some EMI. But South Africa due not make it easy.
Well, I think that showing in person e.g. in Miami, FL and just walking through some banks can work ;)
Thanks. Do you know any EMI's that only require proof of address, not ITIN, or SSN's? (e.g. Revolut requires an SSN/ITIN/Visa proof)
Try Zenus, or some other Puerto Rican financial institution.

Well, I think that showing in person e.g. in Miami, FL and just walking through some banks can work ;)
He has 2000. They won't barely pay for the flight.

Try Zenus, or some other Puerto Rican financial institution.
Only 19.99 per month. After 8 years, the money is gone.

Next problem is that if he takes a real bank, after 3 years, the account is inactive and the money goes to the state. Then he needs to fill out a 10 page form and SSN to get it back.

That's why he better use wise and do swift to get the money into his account.

He has 2000. They won't barely pay for the flight.
Of course, it is not worth a special travel. I was taking into account this :) :

I often travel there and it would be nice to have a US account.

Only 19.99 per month. After 8 years, the money is gone.

Next problem is that if he takes a real bank, after 3 years, the account is inactive and the money goes to the state. Then he needs to fill out a 10 page form and SSN to get it back.
Yes, that's all correct. Honestly, I have not expected OP's account to be inactive, when he claimed that he would use it when travelling...
That's why he better use wise and do swift to get the money into his account.
A good point. Wise is – IMO ;) – not much reliable but I agree, there are good banks in SA, if no other then Standard Bank definitely...

I imagine - I may be wrong - a local community bank or small non federal bank (state) would be best as they are desperate for capital
You mean those without SWIFT membership may be able to do CRS? I doubt.

It normally is only the big ones that like foreigners in the US. EverBank was once in that business but with the sale to TIAA they stopped doing foreigners.

You would need physical US address and most likely an ITIN number to open a bank account in traditional bank like citi bank, bank of america etc.
Since you say its for small amount like 2k $ then I'd consider online bank like zenus.

Latest Threads