Our valued sponsor

US Company for Payroll/Employment Purposes

VanguardFortuna

May 22, 2020
Visit site
So we run a business in Australia, and have one client who is going to need us to hire some resources in the US, on contract, for perhaps 2-3 years. Our client is also Australia based and we will be invoicing them in Australia, in AUD, with some buffer for currency movement.

As it gets messy hiring overseas via our Australian company (payroll tax, insurance, providing Australian workers law on US workers etc.), we have been looking at setting up a US based business which will employ the US contractors, pay payroll tax, administer payroll/insurance etc. in the US. I am guessing an LLC is no good for this as it's more suited to sole trader/one-man-band arrangements. Would this be correct? I more need a corporation.

The US business would be charging our Australian business for services, which equate to slightly more than the costs of the contractors and other operational overheads. I am wondering if anyone here has experience hiring US based staff and what company setup they found suitable. I am also wondering whether a Neobank like Mercury will cut it when it comes to batch payments etc on a payroll.

Any experience/advice would be great!

Cheers,