Our valued sponsor

US LLC lawyer

ihagatcan

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
Visit site
I'm seeking a lawyer in the US (preferably Wyoming or Delaware) to discuss registering an LLC and having the lawyer act as the Registered Agent for compliance purposes.

Any recommended lawyers or law firms? Is using a lawyer worth it or a generic registered agent?

Go with a registered agent service, you won't require a lawyer or any other service. WYOMING REGISTERED AGENT - $25 A YEAR TOTAL

They are the cheapest and most reliable. All other services like Doola, Zen, Startfleet, and Northwest, use them. So, why go for an intermediate, when you get the real service?

Why would you say a lawyer is unnecessary? A registered agent does not provide client-attorney privilege which is the main desire, an extra security blanket for privacy.

Reactions: Radko
Why would you say a lawyer is unnecessary? A registered agent does not provide client-attorney privilege which is the main desire, an extra security blanket for privacy.
OK, Let's get a few things clear,

#1 I hope you are aware of the fact, that a registered agent is necessary to incorporate an US LLC.

#2 What do you mean by privacy? An Anonymous LLC won't save you from a lawsuit. It just keeps ownership information off the SOS website. If you really want to get into the nitty-gritty, research a bit about Holding companies (there are ways - through multi-layered LLCs, involving multiple lawyers), but, nothing stays private/anonymous. You have to disclose the UBO to the bank (if you intend to open a bank account for the LLC).

#3 Now, coming to your assertion for "Attorney-Client privilege". It's tempting for a law firm to act as a registered agent - but are you aware of why they normally don't go down that road?

Reactions: bizguy4life
OK, Let's get a few things clear,

#1 I hope you are aware of the fact, that a registered agent is necessary to incorporate an US LLC.

#2 What do you mean by privacy? An Anonymous LLC won't save you from a lawsuit. It just keeps ownership information off the SOS website. If you really want to get into the nitty-gritty, research a bit about Holding companies (there are ways - through multi-layered LLCs, involving multiple lawyers), but, nothing stays private/anonymous. You have to disclose the UBO to the bank (if you intend to open a bank account for the LLC).

#3 Now, coming to your assertion for "Attorney-Client privilege". It's tempting for a law firm to act as a registered agent - but are you aware of why they normally don't go down that road?

#1 I'm aware of this, and I'm not caring for if it's an external registered agent. For privacy reasons I'd prefer to pay a lawyer to arrange all those details.

#2 I'm not attempting to remain anonymous from any government entities or the banks, just from the general public.

#3 I'm aware most elect to use third parties, and that isn't a big deal but it's more about the lawyer forming and filing it to ensure it's done properly and my name is kept out of the records.

Reactions: Radko
#1 I'm aware of this, and I'm not caring for if it's an external registered agent. For privacy reasons I'd prefer to pay a lawyer to arrange all those details.

#2 I'm not attempting to remain anonymous from any government entities or the banks, just from the general public.

#3 I'm aware most elect to use third parties, and that isn't a big deal but it's more about the lawyer forming and filing it to ensure it's done properly and my name is kept out of the records.

This guy is very experienced, honest and will help you with all your questions.

JAMES BAKER CPA

jamesbakercpa.com

He also has a YouTube channel under the same name where you can schedule a free consultation phone call.

Hope that helps, I also think it's a good idea to use a lawyer before doing anything on your own.

I am also looking for a lawyer with LLC formation experience who is familiar with the Wyoming Statutory Foundation structured as an LLC. Posted a request on UPCOUNSEL and UPWORK. Did not receive an offer.