Our valued sponsor

US LLC & Tax query

Eldubb

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I work remotely in Turkey for 1 customer in the USA. I would like to setup a US LLC to receive payment for my services from them so that I have access to US Banking services / debit cards.
I believe this means I am not taxed at all when setup as a pass through.

The thing is, I do want to pay a little tax anyway but not zero. Is there something I can do to make this setup take some tax from me?

I want to do this because In my country of residence, if I'm setup as an employee of an overseas business (my LLC) & receiving income in a foreign currency to a foreign bank - I'm not taxed here either. But I would like to show that I'm getting taxed something if they ask, but I really don't think they ever will based on how poorly the country is run and how thousands of foreigners live here tax free and no one cares.

Does this business setup work well for my situation? Yes you might bring up "But CFC laws..." however as long as the IRS is satisfied, I don't care.

You can file a US tax return even if you are not a tax resident, you need an ITIN. If you enter taxable income on the return you can pay taxes on it (even if you're not required to).
Oh that's brilliant. So because I'm not required to pay tax, i can choose the amount i want to be taxed? How do i decide/find out the percentage i should tax on the portion of my income?

Do not pay any tax to US because you do not need to. And as a Turkish tax resident, you also do not need to pay any income tax if your customer doesn't have any operation in Turkey. They just need to send the money in any currency (Except TRY) into your Turkish bank account. And at the same time, you should not be a company shareholder, Bagkur and SGK member. In this way, the Turkish tax office will not ask for any income tax as well.

No idea how it is in Turkey side. But for the US side, do whatever has been proven to work by so many. One member disregarded entity without Us connected trade definition. I would not try to stray away from this.

Latest Threads