Our valued sponsor

US personal bank account

JohnnyDoe

Schrödinger's guy
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 6, 2021
beach
Visit site
Any suggestion on where/how to open a personal account with a US bank as a non-US citizen and resident?
I have a ITIN, own several US companies with US bank accounts and I already have 2 personal US bank accounts, one being Zenus and the other with a big bank opened with some tricks.

As I am a bit afraid that the big bank can discover the tricks, I am looking for a backup where I can deposit 7-8 figures. I can travel to the East Coast. It would be nice to have a personal contact with someone inside the bank, willing to help me.

Reactions: troubled soul
Just walk into any BoA, Wells Fargo branch with two id's. Or consider Schwab international (min 25k, remotely).
BOA cant be done without a real US address. Do you have experience with Wells Fargo?

What about Schwab? Isn’t that just for investments? I need the account for moving money around, I wouldn’t mind buying a few shitty investment products from the bank but just for like 5% of the balance.

BOA cant be done without a real US address. Do you have experience with Wells Fargo?

What about Schwab? Isn’t that just for investments? I need the account for moving money around, I wouldn’t mind buying a few shitty investment products from the bank but just for like 5% of the balance.
Schwab works as a bank account, can send and receive third party wires online.

WF was very easy, but I have a mailing address. They (and boa) don't check the address.

These days, the quickest way to open bank accounts is to assume a persona of a migrant. Limited documents, paid in cash with tips, sublease a room near rail tracks and PO box as mailing address. Open as many as you can because it won't be that easy again.

May be can try Velo bank, their min. 2.5K to open remotely.
That’s just for Chinese and Indians

Schwab works as a bank account, can send and receive third party wires online.

WF was very easy, but I have a mailing address. They (and boa) don't check the address.
Schwab doesn’t open for my real country of residence and I want to avoid using tricks for this new account

Any suggestion on where/how to open a personal account with a US bank as a non-US citizen and resident?
I have a ITIN, own several US companies with US bank accounts and I already have 2 personal US bank accounts, one being Zenus and the other with a big bank opened with some tricks.

As I am a bit afraid that the big bank can discover the tricks, I am looking for a backup where I can deposit 7-8 figures. I can travel to the East Coast. It would be nice to have a personal contact with someone inside the bank, willing to help me.
A Canadian bank will have no problem with non-residents most of the time, then you can open a cross-border US dollar account with them. (Most Canadian banks have a large percent of their operations outside Canada such as in the US).

I opened a personal and business account at Citibank in NYC last year, as a non-citizen non-resident of the US. Have you documents ready, proof of residency in foreign country (utility bills), passport, residency/visa documentation etc. I had to visit in person, no major bank would open accounts for me remotely.

Just rent a condo for a couple of months and use the rental contract as proof of residence. That plus Passport + a credit card as second ID + US phone number works for wells fargo.

Proof of residence wasnt necessary some years ago (I opened in 2019 no proof of res), but since patriot act it is mandatory.

Reactions: Forester
They do not open non-resident accounts anymore. You need to have tides to the USA.

Better not to say here outside mentor Gold group
Hey Johnny, would you mind creating a post on Mentor Gold Group explaining how you where able to get the account?
If not possible if you can PM me with some info it would be really helpful, thanks! :)

They do not open non-resident accounts anymore. You need to have tides to the USA.

Hey Johnny, would you mind creating a post on Mentor Gold Group explaining how you where able to get the account?
If not possible if you can PM me with some info it would be really helpful, thanks! :)
I sent you a PM