DLS Dubai - Company Formation & Bank Account
Turner Little - Company Formation Agents
UK Ltd with emi bank account
Offshore Bank Accounts

USA LLC and Montenegrin tax residency

CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.
Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more

iarmst

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before (I could not find it). If anyone out there has experience with Montenegrin tax matters. I will be buying property and relocating to Montenegro in the next few months. Instead of setting up a Montenegrin company, is it possible to set up a USA LLC and be taxed in Montenegro on the basis of personal income tax. I won't be doing anything dodgy but will simply have invoices paid to my LLC and take it as salary. So in theory should just be taxed on that as PIT? Thank you, Ian

JustAnotherNomad

Mentor Group Gold
You would have to talk to a Montenegrin tax attorney about this. It depends on how Montenegro views the US LLC.
It is absolutely possible that it'll work that way, so the LLC would be taxed as a partnership (pass-through taxation). But it's also possible, especially if you're the only owner, that they would treat it as a corporation and tax it like a local LLC from Montenegro.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many people in the Balkans really do their taxes properly. Paying taxes seems to be rather optional there. ;)

tyrexoid

I'm in Montenegro now too, plan to move permanently next year. My US LLC is not in use much for now, I'm just spending money through it for various software/graphics/etc' services freelancers do for me. I was thinking that after full relocation I'll need to make local Montenegrin DOO (LLC) for accepting payments myself as a contractor, didn't think it might be an option to keep using US LLC for accepting payments. Please share your findings later if you figure out something interesting in this regard :)

tyrexoid

You would have to talk to a Montenegrin tax attorney about this. It depends on how Montenegro views the US LLC.
It is absolutely possible that it'll work that way, so the LLC would be taxed as a partnership (pass-through taxation). But it's also possible, especially if you're the only owner, that they would treat it as a corporation and tax it like a local LLC from Montenegro.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many people in the Balkans really do their taxes properly. Paying taxes seems to be rather optional there. ;)
lol same in Thailand (at least for low income levels, like freelancing) folks who are on visa runs all year or other visas, don't bother with local taxes since they were not enforcing at all. I don't know if it changed now, I was there in 2011-2014 it was pretty relaxed in this regard for foreigners.

iarmst

I'm in Montenegro now too, plan to move permanently next year. My US LLC is not in use much for now, I'm just spending money through it for various software/graphics/etc' services freelancers do for me. I was thinking that after full relocation I'll need to make local Montenegrin DOO (LLC) for accepting payments myself as a contractor, didn't think it might be an option to keep using US LLC for accepting payments. Please share your findings later if you figure out something interesting in this regard :)
Hello @tyrexoid. I'll post any updates here when I have them. I'd prefer to work through my USA LLC to be honest, legitimately using it as a pass-through company and simple get taxed on all the money received as personal income tax. But let me go figure it out and I'll post back with any updates.

countryfree

Who cares? If you have money coming from the US, MNE will only see the bank transfers and nobody will look any further. It doesn't make any difference that the money comes from General Motors or your fully-owned LLC.

DLS Dubai Company Formation and banking solution
Offshore Bank Accounts

Latest Threads

banner-768x909d6f12840c2c058f.gif
Offshore Bank Accounts