Our valued sponsor

VAT cross boarder - question

dirtyharry

Pro Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I came across some tax websites that claim you have to charge VAT even if you are not in Europe and even if you are selling your gods and services from an offshore company!

So far so good, how can you charge VAT if your company can't and is not registered for VAT?

According to this website International VAT Registration Service | Accordance you will need to be VAT compliance regardless where the company is registered!

For commercial efficiency to be achieved, it’s essential to gain a full understanding of the VAT treatment of transactions when preparing declarations for the tax authorities. Experienced consultants are needed to ensure that the right decisions are made before filing begins – and to guide all ongoing compliance processes.

Do you think it's just bull s**t and you can ignore that part if you use protected offshore company with nominees and that?

Reactions: negon
I think its bulls**t. That's why its called Tax Haven because they charge with almost a no amount of VAT at all. If it comes that they want to press you with legal charges, that's the time you should hire a professional Lawyer to handle your case!

Reactions: negon
I think its bulls**t. That's why its called Tax Haven because they charge with almost a no amount of VAT at all. If it comes that they want to press you with legal charges, that's the time you should hire a professional Lawyer to handle your case!
Not bulls**t but more over they don't have any controls in place to follow up on each company on the Internet to check if they charge / pay VAT or not!