Our valued sponsor

Wallter UAB

royalflush

Feb 17, 2021
UK
Visit site
I could not find a thread for this company. I would like to share my experience.
Wallter UAB is authorised Electronic Money Institution by the Bank of Lithuania (LN: 30) under the Law on Electronic Money and Electronic Money Institutions 2011 for Issuance of electronic money.
They partner with IFX Payments under the hood.

I recently spoke with their sales team about opening a business account. The application fee was €1,000. I asked if they could review my business activity/sector before paying the application fee for "pre-approval". They agreed to review my business prior to paying the application fee to prevent an unnecessary application.

I provided details of the business activity and corporate structure/business owners. I received pre-approval so I paid the €1,000 application fee. I spent €1,000s on outside counsel, filling out 9 application forms and collating all the documents they required, 1-2 days work for me.

Later the compliance team rejected my application based on information I provided during pre-approval stage. They could have rejected my application given the information provided during pre-approval.

They refunded €500 of the application fee, but refused to refund the remaining €500. I nice quick profit for them and I am left with a bill for €1,000s.

I feel some EMIs are set up just to collect application fees without any expectation of opening an account.

Does anyone else have any experience with this EMI?

I feel some EMIs are set up just to collect application fees without any expectation of opening an account.

Yup you guessed right and you got suckered.

I received pre-approval so I paid the €1,000 application fee.

Big mistake. You could have submitted docs for "Pablo Escobar Colombian Farming Corp" and probably would have got pre-approval.

Does anyone else have any experience with this EMI?

You mean are there any fools out there who decided to pay €1,000 to an obscure nothing EMI from Lithuania.

P.S Why on earth would you need to use an EMI charging €1,000 application fee unless your a criminal, have a very high risk activity or from a high risk country.

In many cases, the pre-approval you get isn't coming from the compliance department. It's often just the business development person saying it seems OK, without really understanding what compliance bases their decision on.

Time is money and it takes time to review an application. They didn't become one of the biggest EMIs in Lithuania just from collecting application fees. But they do reject around 1/2 to 3/4 of all applicants.

500 EUR is probably profitable for them in that it cost them less than 500 to review the application. But they make even more money by approving an application.

obscure nothing EMI from Lithuania.
They are obscure but that's because they aren't marketing heavily. I wouldn't say they are nothing, though. End of Q1 2021, they held about 66 million EUR in deposits (up from about 54 million end of 2020) which makes them the 4th largest EMI in Lithuania. The top-3 being Paysera (286 million), ConnectPay (131 million), and GlobalNetInt (68 million).

For context and using a brand name we see more here on this forum, measured in deposits held, Wallter is more than four times bigger than Pervesk (15 million, which includes Bankera) and has a higher own funds ratio than all of the mentioned ones.

I don't mean this as an endorsement of anyone. Just interesting figures.

Data available here: Performance indicators

Last edited:
They didn't become one of the biggest EMIs in Lithuania just from collecting application fees.

How many customers do they have out of interest or are they just housing crypto money all belonging to Pradexx...lol?

Pradexx, an exchange and wallet licence holder, has acted as a payment provider for six scams subject to consumer warnings by regulators in Germany, Italy, Portugal and the UK. Its payment account is provided by Wallter UAB, a Lithuanian fintech, according to Estonian licence records.

Pradexx still uses them I see below.

P.S I repeat only a criminal, or person of high risk/high risk activity would pay 1,000 euro to open an account with a Lithuania EMI.

Reactions: troubled soul
P.S Why on earth would you need to use an EMI charging €1,000 application fee unless your a criminal, have a very high risk activity or from a high risk country.

Unfortunately I fall into the high-risk category.

Interestingly they refused my application not due to high-risk activity. They rejected the application as they do not not accept C2B transactions. They don't make this information public on their website.

Unfortunately I fall into the high-risk category.

Unfortunate, but where is your company and yourself based? There maybe other options.

Interestingly they refused my application not due to high-risk activity. They rejected the application as they do not not accept C2B transactions. They don't make this information public on their website.

Very odd.

Reactions: royalflush
They have their own ewallet system, but you cannot make payments outside their ecosystem and they do not support USA.

I missed the part where you said the below:

All transactions in USD between USA and UK

So basically forget it. Gamblign related, USD transaction and USA?...hell no will be 99.9% of EMI's. Don't waste your time.

In many cases, the pre-approval you get isn't coming from the compliance department. It's often just the business development person saying it seems OK, without really understanding what compliance bases their decision on.
This is very very accurate. I've been having this problem with majority of the EMIs - why to require the application processing fee upfront if you are confident enough that your compliance will let me through and open IBAN for me?

Latest Threads