Our valued sponsor

'we want to sell 125,000 bitcoin'. And I'm like, 'what? That's $6 billion guys'.

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site

Crazy things happening.

coinbase bitocin whale_id_a753e483-cf2c-4cff-9cf3-5e96c73e6d22_size775.jpg

coinbase bitcoin transaction_id_e9e4198c-80c3-455d-9efa-9e6d414df262_size775.jpg

coinbase btc withdrawal_id_365581d6-c649-40c1-9281-66cad24c1b41_size775.jpg

Large bitcoins transactions, some worth over $1 billion were liquidated recently.

Reactions: suzy
Now that everyone knows that Bitcoin is traceable, Russian oligarchs worry about losing their Bitcoin wealth. So, it makes perfect sense to turn such wealth into hard assets. It is very easy to hide assets from a creditor or an ex-wife. It is far more difficult when entire governments turn their power and fury upon you. Your crypto assets could quickly disappear.

If, even a decade ago, governments can infiltrate secure Iranian nuclear facilities with malware designed to destroy thousands of centrifuges, they can surely manage to track Bitcoin held by Russian oligarchs.

If this is true I would be a little worried if I were the UAE about getting a ton of heat from the US/EU to seize Russians assets etc. Hopefully UAE doesn't buckle to any pressure that comes its way from this sort of thing if they are attracting a lot of Russian money. It makes sense why they would be doing this though sit in BTC too long and before you know it you will have a blacklisted wallet address if your some oligarch.

Reactions: suzy
Can anyone in this world proof if the screenshots are real and where they come from?
Yes, they are real.
Screenshots are not showing TX/address, but actually on the blockchain they could be verified.
For example one of transactions:

After initial transactions on Friday, there was some another transactions already to spent that BTC.
It's a just a matter of time and senders/receivers/owners could be identified. The person who literally own at least 0.15% of all BTC supply is not regular crypto guy and it's a regulatory interest in searching for the owner.

Reactions: suzy and KDX
but what if it is a anonymous wallet. No KYC ever given, wallet installed on a secured and encrypted device... I don't get it, how should they find the owner?
it's a not a big difference here.
All of these almost 30k BTC transaction it's a withdrawal from some Coinbase account.
According to the Coinbase rules and limits, they know owner of the account who initiate this transaction. KYC and EDD already in their hands.
And they will disclose this information to US gov without any delay.
when owner of this wallet will spend BTC on regulatory exchanges, etc - it should pass KYC too.

To be totally anonymous in blockchain, owner of the wallet should use transactions that avoid any known infrastructure with KYC. And it's a literally very hard if you need convert crypto to fiat, especially in such amounts.

Latest Threads