Our valued sponsor

What a lifestyle in DUBAI - I'm coming...

lory

Mentor Group Lifetime
Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
This video popped up my face watching some YouTube
Not available video - link removed!​

Not bad, does someone believe it is the truth or how is it if you are not a billionaire but only a mainstream guy with 500K euro a year in profits?

Would you consider Dubai to be the paradise as they show it in this video or is it rather, you gonna watch yourself what you do and what you say to avoid to get arrested?

Last edited by a moderator:

- UAE Population in 2021 is 9.99 Million
- The Total Expat Population of UAE in 2021 is 8.84 million
- With 69% males and 31% females, the UAE has not yet achieved gender parity

NationalityPopulation
India2.75 million
Pakistan1.27 million
Bangladesh0.74 million
Philippines0.56 million
Iran0.48 million
Egypt0.42 million
Nepal0.32 million
Sri Lanka0.32 million
China0.21 million
All other countries1.79 million
Total Expat Population8.84 million

Been there and tried to live a bit.
It's not so nice as in a picture. Quality of air is very bad (dust dust dust) in Dubai and it's quite cold in winter Dec, Jan, Feb.
Not the place were I would like to spend my life
Life in Europe is way better.
Dubai is more less like a Chinese quality Disneyland built on a desert. Everything seems to be built "temporary". Very fake.

Dubai is more less like a Chinese quality Disneyland built on a desert. Everything seems to be built "temporary". Very fake.

lol.

Glad you noticed this also. When I lived there I noticed the quality of construction is not very good at all. Everything seems to be cheaply made by slave laborers from Pakistan and India and also poorly maintained.

I mean when I was out there I looked at apartments and villas. A lot of apartments had black mold in aircon and outside of building had flaky paint and plaster. The interior finishing of most places is below par. Even construction is not good as humid climate and often high ground water tables have not been kept in mind. Brand new villas having rising damp due to no damp proofing and Dubai having a high ground water table at times. No one really talks about this online as I guess you may run foul of defamation laws out there...lol.

No one tells you any of this before you arrive in Dubai. Be careful where you live also as severe flooding can happen and there are no proper drainage in a few places so you get standing water and cars floating down the road. And if its not floods then its dust storms. Dust covers everything.

Not bad, does someone believe it is the truth or how is it if you are not a billionaire but only a mainstream guy with 500K euro a year in profits?

You can live very good on 500k a year there. That is way more than enough.

Would you consider Dubai to be the paradise as they show it in this video or is it rather, you gonna watch yourself what you do and what you say to avoid to get arrested?

No its not paradise. You are a guest with zero rights or access to a judicial system even considered fair and transparent. If you keep your head down then you will 99.9% be fine. But if you ever get entangled in their legal system then run and I mean RUN from the country. Do not stay and fight a case from within UAE. Even your embassy will tell you to just leave the country and not return. Hence why most expats bank outside the UAE for this very situation of needing to cut and run. Look at this guy. You would never hear about this in Dubai as they don't have anything like a free press or reporting of anything bad.

I believe he got sentence reduced to 10 years now on appeal conf/(%.

Here is guide on what not to do in Dubai and keep yourself out of jail...lol:

Reactions: Konstanz
Long story short:

Take a plane and see how things are in reality and ignore some bullsh*t comments like from @Konstanz :

It's not so nice as in a picture. Quality of air is very bad (dust dust dust) in Dubai and it's quite cold in winter Dec, Jan, Feb.
Yes it was so called today at the Pool with just 25C - shame over the weather here to be so cold in January :rolleyes:

weater.png

All in all it's a number game and if you compare what lifestyle you can achieve here with the half of your Tax Payments you have to pay in most Western Countries - it's just amazing.

For 500k a year you gonna pay easily 200-250k in taxes in a Western Country.

Then take a look how much you get for 5k rent per month in Dubai - you will be surprised.

Most people fail to live in Dubai because they try to live the same life like in there home country - if you live in a samll village with a house and a dog next to a forest well you will endup in some gated community in Dubai next to the desert of course that's not the same life experience and will leave sooner then later Dubai.

Don't come to Dubai if you like hiking and walking in a forest ;) but take a look into it if you want to become wealthy and to build your business in the half of time compared to EU.

I would say living in the UAE fulltime isn't the right thing for most of the people and that's why the Company Formation with Residence Visa and local UAE Bank Accounts is much more interesting then living the whole year in the Desert.

I'm really missing some guy's without black and white thinking - you have really good months actually in Dubai while you have in the UK or Germany everyday rain - same like you have so nice Summer Feelings in August in UK or Germany while it's a Microwave in Dubai.

Be smart and see the things like tools to build your dreamlife and to achieve what makes you the most happy - the truth lies most of the time in the middle and the right mix makes the difference.

Building quality is so bad in Dubai. I stayed in the building which was built in 2018-2019. It seems like 10+ years already. Quality is so bad. I don't think they even think anything long term in UAE.
Quantity over quality is the moto in Dubai.
Yes, it's warmer than in Europe for sure, but not the "summer" weather. It gets cold in the evenings. Sometimes it's very windy or raining or usually dust storms.
Dubai is just good for these paper residencies, then you don't have to live there.

I have been there over x-mas a few years ago, before corona, nice weather, nice people, nothing to complain, really. The staff at the hotel (Marriott) was friendly and actually more helpful than Berlin, London and Las Vegas with the same hotel.

Reactions: Fred
Building quality is so bad in Dubai. I stayed in the building which was built in 2018-2019. It seems like 10+ years already. Quality is so bad. I don't think they even think anything long term in UAE.
Quantity over quality is the moto in Dubai.
Yes, it's warmer than in Europe for sure, but not the "summer" weather. It gets cold in the evenings. Sometimes it's very windy or raining or usually dust storms.
Dubai is just good for these paper residencies, then you don't have to live there.
Again depends on the developer and project.

Yes you are right - the Business Environment in Dubai is for the most people much more attractive then living full time in Dubai and that's fine - you have now already 60 minutes queue for Apple Store.

I find it funny when someone says it is cold in Dubai in the winter :D It is way warmer then in UK in the Summer. In fact, on the Summer season (July, August and September) you will hardly see people on the streets during the day as it is extremelly hot.

The problem of Dubai is if you are not a focused person. There is so much entertainement, that if you are not focused on your goals, you will end-up lost and screwed. And authorities don't like people messing around. As @Martin Everson mentioned, it is a country that you don't have access to a fair judicial system, and this can be very scary if you got into trouble.

Reactions: cuno

Latest Threads