Our valued sponsor

what are tax havens - please explain to me?

ghostbuster

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Please explain to me what are tax havens ? I have read and read about many different offshore countries and jurisdictions all of them seem to be similar to each other. They offer 0% tax and some total privacy while others don't have any privacy any longer according to the OECD at least.

So my question is what makes a country or jurisdiction an tax ave and what are tax havens?

hope someone can shed light on this question.

It's an synonym for Offshore companies and is covering lot's of offshorej urisdictions around the globe i.e. Belize, Seychelles, Mauritius, Cayman Islands, Bermuda and so forth.

Reactions: icecold and Mohd
@auric explained it already very well. You will see the term tax haven used almost always when you discuss Seychelles, Belize, Panama and offshore jurisdictions similar. Also when it comes to offshore banking the term tax haven is used since most often all this is connected to avoiding tax or hide funds from governments and other authorities.

Reactions: Mohd and aage
Tax Heavens are countries that offer a 0% tax rate aswell as of shire banking. An example to Panama. Recently there was a big scandal in The UK with it being reviewed that David Cameron late father having an offshore bank account and avoiding tax on many millions of pounds.

Reactions: Mohd
Tax Heavens are countries that offer a 0% tax rate aswell as of shire banking. An example to Panama. Recently there was a big scandal in The UK with it being reviewed that David Cameron late father having an offshore bank account and avoiding tax on many millions of pounds.

Is there a country that offers 0% corporate tax? Cyprus and Ireland offers it at 12.5% but not 0%.

Reactions: allan
From what I've read, some countries doesn't offer a complete 0% tax rate but its also at an incredibly low rate. I don't think a country can survive with 0% tax rate since most of the government uses these Tax money for their needs such as building structures and etc. I mean who's insane enough that will use his own money for a government project?

From what I've read, some countries doesn't offer a complete 0% tax rate but its also at an incredibly low rate. I don't think a country can survive with 0% tax rate since most of the government uses these Tax money for their needs such as building structures and etc. I mean who's insane enough that will use his own money for a government project?

Government can't run without tax as tax is the main source of government income.
Actually, investment is also necessary as tax for a government thats why, many government declared their jurisdiction as tax haven for foreigners.

A tax haven should essentially tick three important boxes
  • It should offer foreign individuals minimal tax liability
  • It should be a stable economical and political environment
  • Little or no financial information should be shares with tax authorizes

In short, TAX Heavens, as the name itself at the countries which have very low tax rate or none at all. These are the favorite spots of businessmen as they can incorporate their business in these countries because their profit will be much better than other countries.

Tax havens can be describe as one of the stronghold of some big corporations and businessmen behind closed doors. As they can escape from taxes and financial regulations, they can continually grow their money with less loss.

Reactions: negon