Our valued sponsor

What are the fastest ways to obtain residency in Mauritius?

I'm exploring the fastest ways for a foreigner to obtain mauritius residency. I have visa-free access for 90 days but I'm looking for longer stay.
make an appointment reservation at the immigration office in Port Louis, wait there for couple of hours, smile and ask for extension - sadly possible only last minute (like a week before the end of your current visa)
get registered as self-employed and you can to this repeatedly - not sure whether every 3 months, my information might be stale (about 3 years)

There are several avenues: buy property, invest in a business (start your own), be a self-sufficient worker (digital nomad type visa), or be a self-sufficient retiree. They all take a couple of weeks/months to do.
Do you know of any listing site or resource which keeps track of visas around the world? I've been using imidaily.com but it doesn't appear that they keep track of all of them.

Reactions: Nomado
If you live uniquely on your capital gains (ie Irish ETF), no taxation. It's just an example.

For a passive retiree living with financial investments, the inconvenient is that some brokers are unavailable, and no DTA with US.

Reactions: Nomado