Our valued sponsor

What country would you choose to relocate to avoid taxes?

Why complicate things.

Just cut ties with your home country and move to Dubai. Live there in a rented luxury apartment and enjoy good weather October-April. Spend May-Sep in Europe. Pay 0 tax and save money for a couple of years.

Who wants to live in Europe during winter anyway?

I cant think of a better setup where you get the best of two worlds.

Then if you want to move back to Europe, deposit 500k EUR and get a residency in Monaco and keep enjoying your 0 tax life.
How easy is it to go from Dubai to Monaco For this sort of setup? Does Monaco see Dubai as a legitimate jurisdiction?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering which country you would choose to relocate to in order to avoid all- or at least most taxes one has to pay private and for a owned company?

So far I have been looking at:
Cyprus
Bulgaria
Georgia
Switzerland

Any input, comments or other relevant would be nice to learn about,
I recommend uk, this is after brexit offshore country. Low taxes, privacy and there are some good options about investments.

Hei guys, first post here, great to see a thread talking about this.

I'll share my research in the most interesting low tax countries to live in. I have factored cost of living, difficulty of obtaining residency, minimum days to live to be considered tax resident and whether it's a desirable place to live. I have personally been living in Andorra for a few years now with pretty much my entire income comming from capital gains, so if you have questions about Andorra feel free to ask.

Europe:
Non-Dom jurisdictions are quite interesting - Malta, Ireland, UK, Cyprus. You don't pay anything that's generated abroad, you only pay taxes on the money you actually bring into the country.
UK - might be a bit hard to get residency now with Brexit if you live off passive income.
Ireland - requires 183 days to live there, otherwise it seems like a fine place but high cost of living if you want to live in Dublin.
Malta - Malta has a very interesting programme where you need to have a place rented that costs 10k€/yr minimum AND you need to pay a minimum 15k€/year in remmitance taxes but you don't have a minimum stay in the country to obtain tax residency. So basically you pay a lump sump of 15k plus the 10k in rent and you are free to live anywhere as long as you don't live more than 183 days somewhere else.
Cyprus - there's a 90 day residency but you need to setup a company. Overall I'd choose Malta or Ireland over Cyprus.

Latin America:
Panama - Up until last year it was very easy to get residency there creating a company but they currently require an investment of 200k USD in real state or a deposit - You need to live 183 days for tax residency. Tax free for everything that's generated offshore.
Costa Rica - Similar to Panama I believe.

Asia:
Thailand - they have a program called Thailand Elite which allows you to reside legally there for 5 days for 15k$. You need to spend 183 days there but all the income generated outside of the country is tax free.
Malaysia - they have a program called Malaysia my second home, but last year they significally increased the requirements. I believe you now need to deposit around 200 or 250k $ in their currency (ringit) to obtain residency. You have to reside a minimum of 90 days and everything generated offshore is tax free.

HK/Singapore : I see a lot of people talking about HK and Singapore and even though they seem great places to live in I think that getting residency there is quite hard or it costs much more money than other alternatives.

Latest Threads