Our valued sponsor

what does it take to be a service provider?

islandmoney92

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
I know many service providers are law firms but im assuming not all are I've seen many are just consultancies it looks like. Whats the process for setting up companies for others in jurisdictions like BVI, Cyprus, Hong Kong, etc do you need any kind of special licenses or can anyone start a corporate services business? I know some on this forum offer these kinds of services. :)

I think many companies are just affiliate marketers. They give you a recommendation, then forward your request to a law firm in that country that it’s them a commission.
In some countries anyone can register a company online, so they can simply do the clicking for the customer.

Reactions: islandmoney92
As already mentioned, yes it does not require much. Most of the reliable incorporation services say in Belize, Seychelles and Cyprus will require you to have a license if you want to deal with the customer directly and invoice the customer directly. In that way it will look towards the customer as would you be the incorporating service provider.

Otherwise you can just signup as an affiliate and forward customers to such providers, many of them will agree to an commission, but you will have no interaction with the customers.

Reactions: islandmoney92
I think many companies are just affiliate marketers. They give you a recommendation, then forward your request to a law firm in that country that it’s them a commission.
In some countries anyone can register a company online, so they can simply do the clicking for the customer.
this is what i figured that most are just affiliate marketers then referring the client to a law firm. I've seen some service provider websites have listed affiliate programs on there sites. wonder how to setup a referral based business like this with the law firms that don't mention affiliate programs on their websites?

You have three options.
  1. Affiliate/referrer: you simply pass clients on to a partner firm.
  2. Reseller: you take on the client yourself but use a partner firm to actually form the company.
  3. Licensing/registration: be a company regulated in the relevant jurisdictions.
Most websites out there are #1 and #2.

The requirements for #1 and #2 depend on with whom you work. They might perform some basic due diligence checks on you. They might insist you have AML/KYC policies and procedures in place, especially if you are a reseller. Then you just pass clients on to them and they do all the paper work.

Most good service providers are #3, or a mix of #3 and #2, being licensed in one or a handful of jurisdictions and having partners in others.

#3 typically requires having a local office in the jurisdictions, hiring people with relevant skills, and applying for some sort of license which can cost in the range of 10-50,000 USD depending.

As already mentioned, yes it does not require much. Most of the reliable incorporation services say in Belize, Seychelles and Cyprus will require you to have a license if you want to deal with the customer directly and invoice the customer directly. In that way it will look towards the customer as would you be the incorporating service provider.

Otherwise you can just signup as an affiliate and forward customers to such providers, many of them will agree to an commission, but you will have no interaction with the customers.
know of any good service providers with affiliate programs would be very much interested in this. Assuming good ways to drive traffic would be seo, youtube, forums, etc? :)

Try with fidelity offshore, they are very active professional and one of the bigger companies.

You can find even more inside the Mentor Group in the Resource section.

Anyone can establish an company incorporation office, no license required. However you will need the local registered agents in each country to do the work for you. You will mark up their fees and sell to your client. All the heavy work will be done by the local incorporator.

Reactions: Spinat
true but if you don't know of what you are doing and know the tax complication some can get if you sell something wrong then you f**k up a lot of peoples live.

Latest Threads