Our valued sponsor

what emi for large sums

To a personal account or business account? First party transfer or third-party transfer?

but not RECEIVE in different currencies (depending on where they open your TW account)
This is wrong. We have already discussed it elsewhere. Please stop spreading false information.

Any TW Borderless customer can receive in any currency that TW supports receiving (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD) limited only by the global TW receiving routes (e.g. GBP can only be received via local transfer, not SWIFT).

Thanks you for reply i need account in UK, EUR, us , ça, au,nz

Si i Hope i will not have to open in all this countries, i want clients pay to local account to local branch of my holding.

Transferwise promess to allow 3 000 000 USD per year turnover.
And only 25000 for USD borderless accounts.

It is write on their site, does somebody have experience.

Thanks you for reply i need account in UK, EUR, us , ça, au,nz

Si i Hope i will not have to open in all this countries, i want clients pay to local account to local branch of my holding.

Transferwise promess to allow 3 000 000 USD per year turnover.
And only 25000 for USD borderless accounts.

It is write on their site, does somebody have experience.
TransferWise Help | How much can I receive and keep in my borderless account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any TW Borderless customer can receive in any currency that TW supports receiving (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD) limited only by the global TW receiving routes (e.g. GBP can only be received via local transfer, not SWIFT).

TW borderless accounts support many more currencies than you mentioned and many of them i.e GEL, NGN you cannot receive funds in but you can hold funds in them with TW. So the below statement is correct.

and with TW you can HOLD money in many different currencies but not RECEIVE in different currencies (depending on where they open your TW account).

TW borderless accounts support many more currencies than you mentioned and many of them i.e GEL, NGN you cannot receive funds in but you can hold funds in them with TW. So the below statement is correct.
It is not.

His statement says "but not RECEIVE in different currencies", or to paraphrase "you can only receive in one base currency TW chooses for you based on location".
This person has claimed this before in a less opaque way. He was corrected, acknowledged/liked the correction, and then promptly forgot all about it apparently.

Provided your business is legitimate and you provide them with adequate information TW is excellent. I use them for much larger sums and find them excellent. The only problem I have is sending money in a currency which is not the currency of the country where the bank account is held e.g. £s to Dubai or US $s to Labuan, when I have to use an alternative

I had a terrible experience with TW. They diverted a perfectly legitimate (with supporting documentation) transfer of 30K euro to a business account and also closed the account itself. Prior to that I pretty much liked TW. Not anymore.

Hello,
What EMI will accept to receive sums from 10 000 to 50 000 EUR transfer in one time, it concern real estate business in developping country.

Or none of EMI will support this ?

regards
Most of the EMI's if not all of them will ask you for lots of invoices and proof of such transactions. If you are very unlucky you will find your account closed quickly.

I had a terrible experience with TW. They diverted a perfectly legitimate (with supporting documentation) transfer of 30K euro to a business account and also closed the account itself. Prior to that I pretty much liked TW. Not anymore.
What happened with the funds in this case? Was a check sent to the registered address or funds sent back etc?

Check processing may always be a horrible experience regardless if it is Transferwise or your local bank. Todays world has changed cash and checks are not well seen any longer.

Latest Threads