Our valued sponsor

What happens if you don't pay Dubai FZCO renewal fee?

Paul Tudor Jones

Member Plus
Jan 18, 2023
Alaska
Visit site
I have a Dubai Free zone company I don't need and don't use at all.
There are no visas\bank accounts associated with this company and I don't plan on visiting Dubai in the next 2-5 years, or potentially ever.

Any risks in not paying the renewal\liquidation and just letting the company get struck off?

There are no visas\bank accounts associated with this company and I don't plan on visiting Dubai in the next 2-5 years, or potentially ever.

Any risks in not paying the renewal\liquidation and just letting the company get struck off?
No risk here as it is always the Establishment Card which collects the fines.

Make sure you don't have an Establishment Card with the Company - should be the case if no VISA Slots placed under the Company however double check this.

Establishment Card is issued by the Immigration Authority and yes the Immigration Authority can enforce fines at the Airport and does so - same like fines for overstay etc.

The Freezone Authority itself we have never seen enforcing the Trade License expiration - at some point the Company get's struck off the register.

Everyone looking at potentially doing Business in the future in the UAE should do the things properly - UAE is not just a Samoa.

You would pay some fines if you have an establishment card, but in extreme cases, your company may get blacklisted and you could be barred from entering Dubai ever again if you don't settle your penalties or close/shutdown your company in a proper way. so make sure to do things the right way as @Fred said.

No risk here as it is always the Establishment Card which collects the fines.

Make sure you don't have an Establishment Card with the Company - should be the case if no VISA Slots placed under the Company however double check this.

Establishment Card is issued by the Immigration Authority and yes the Immigration Authority can enforce fines at the Airport and does so - same like fines for overstay etc.

The Freezone Authority itself we have never seen enforcing the Trade License expiration - at some point the Company get's struck off the register.

Everyone looking at potentially doing Business in the future in the UAE should do the things properly - UAE is not just a Samoa.
Thank you @Fred for the detailed reply!

I will ask my agent, but I never used the company to get any VISAs so I shouldn't have any establishment card.

If that's the case, I could even visit Dubai again without any fines at Immigration?

Thank you @Fred for the detailed reply!

I will ask my agent, but I never used the company to get any VISAs so I shouldn't have any establishment card.

If that's the case, I could even visit Dubai again without any fines at Immigration?
Sorry my glassball 3000 is not working today.

Liquidate proper or take the risk but don't screem afterwards.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads