Our valued sponsor

What if my partner steals the money

inector

Member Plus
May 6, 2021
Russia
Visit site
In case of a US LLC, where there are 2 partners, 1 from US and another is foreign (important), both own 25%+ of shares...

What if 1 partner decides one day to go and withdraw all the funds...or declines to pay dividends to the other one.

Can one do that?

And if yes, how would you sue them, considering they are not in the same jurisdiction?

In case of a US LLC, where there are 2 partners, 1 from US and another is foreign (important), both own 25%+ of shares...
Did you split exactly 50/50? This is never advisable…
What if 1 partner decides one day to go and withdraw all the funds...or declines to pay dividends to the other one.
Lawyers celebrate
Can one do that?
Yes.
And if yes, how would you sue them, considering they are not in the same jurisdiction?
Do you have a decent operating agreement?
Joint signature on the bank account?

Reactions: jafo and inector
Did you split exactly 50/50? This is never advisable…
Currently incorporating, preferably 50/50, I guess I could negotiate 51/49, or 60/40 (I will do all the work anyway). I need him only for his citizenship (it's required for a platform I sell on)
Do you have a decent operating agreement?
Yes, possible
Joint signature on the bank account?
Can be done. The problem is that he might say "I don't want you to take your dividends", so I assume joint signature cannot help here.

For example:

In the event that a partner declines or obstructs the other partner's rightful withdrawal of dividends as per the terms outlined in this Operating Agreement, the obstructing partner hereby agrees that their share of the company shall be subject to transfer to the other partner. Such transfer shall be executed within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with the procedures set forth for the transfer of ownership interests as outlined in this Operating Agreement.

Latest Threads