Our valued sponsor

Question What in the extortion racket is this at Upbit?

Why do you need to use Upbit or anything similar for sending crypto?
Good & valid question and I can't really remember much. It's been + 5 years, but according to some scribbles in my diary...Some of my Chinese suppliers (and customers) have it. I opened the account at Upbit because the banker of my supplier recommended it and he took care of everything for us. I opened it up in early 2018 when I was in Singapore at the supplier's birthday party at Sentosa Cove.

Things have changed now, obviously...
I'll get my money out, but I wonder what in the Hell this BS VASP is trying to do? People don't need exchanges like they do banks. What am I missing?

Logged in to send some funds to a supplier and saw this: Upbit

and then this: Upbit
Singapore also going down the drain of compliance. No surprise here, they all do.

Singapore also going down the drain of compliance. No surprise here, they all do.
Very interesting how all these places bow down to fatf which no one knows really ;)
No due course, no votation no nothing about this is happening. Also the gov structrue doesn't seemingly matter. They all do the same from so called democracies like Switzerland to kingdoms and so forth.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jafo
The US push this rule to all exchanges, even Binance started asking questions on large transactions if the destination is another exchange, or a platform or your private wallet. Most of them knows this is bs and all they need is a simple user confirmation, they don't really verify anything.
As far as I know only the Korean exchanges are serious about it at the moment, they really verify that you have access to your private wallet.

Looks like Upbit Singapore will take this seriously too, probably because their parent is a Korean company. Upbit Global has very low liquidity so it's not a very useful exhange, just move your assets out and forget about them.
Upbit Korea is a goldmine tho.

The US push this rule to all exchanges, even Binance started asking questions on large transactions if the destination is another exchange, or a platform or your private wallet. Most of them knows this is bs and all they need is a simple user confirmation, they don't really verify anything.
As far as I know only the Korean exchanges are serious about it at the moment, they really verify that you have access to your private wallet.

Looks like Upbit Singapore will take this seriously too, probably because their parent is a Korean company. Upbit Global has very low liquidity so it's not a very useful exhange, just move your assets out and forget about them.
Upbit Korea is a goldmine tho.
The swiss, as usual, having it very deep up their rear hole do that too and make you do a cumbersome sign with your private wallet to proof access.

The future lies in proper wallets and simply just not interacting any more creating another independent path away from the dying usd system and another the new upcoming brics/china system.

The swiss, as usual, having it very deep up their rear hole do that too and make you do a cumbersome sign with your private wallet to proof access.
Legit Question: What stops John Doe from going through this process, taking a flight to e.g. Colombia, walking into a bar with NO cameras, swapping his coins for Monero, or sending his coins to different private wallets (BTC) and then claiming he was drugged and when he woke up all his coins were gone? :rolleyes:

Lot of exchanges over this way are requiring - Passport NFC Verification

I know for a fact all transactions can be tracked via IP connections to the TXT.

Also multi-wallets [all addresses] + singular IP = user has access to all said funds across all said wallets. IP = real-world person trace capabilities...

I imagine eventually these 'unhosted wallets' -Noticed the DOJ, SEC mentioned this specifically in the safemoon case.... seems to be their new bug bear... will have to have some form of linkage to NFC or similar...

Problem with hosted wallets, is like this, a right of centre political party leader in the UK had his account closed and lost his funds (coinbase).
un-hosted keystring search : Founders and Executives of Digital-Asset Company Charged in Multi-Million Dollar International Fraud Scheme

Last edited:
  • Wow
Lot of exchanges over this way are requiring - Passport NFC Verification
Which ones are these? The ones Im using are chill as ever.
I know for a fact all transactions can be tracked via IP connections to the TXT.

Also multi-wallets [all addresses] + singular IP = user has access to all said funds across all said wallets. IP = real-world person trace capabilities...
This is only if you use a node which spies on you or use block explorers, depending on the wallet this is very much the case.
Either use your own node to which you connect your wallet to or vpn or both. Running own node is cheap and you can do it at home or on a vps somewhere for the nomad.
Electrum or Sparrow for example are good options where this can be done easily.
I imagine eventually these 'unhosted wallets' -Noticed the DOJ, SEC mentioned this specifically in the safemoon case.... seems to be their new bug bear... will have to have some form of linkage to NFC or similar...
Since math cannot be effectively banned and with the dwindling power of the us across the world, no biggie.
Problem with hosted wallets, is like this, a right of centre political party leader in the UK had his account closed and lost his funds (coinbase).
Why did he lost his funds? Conbase (which also closed my account recently) lets you send the funds out, as its written in the picture.

Legit Question: What stops John Doe from going through this process, taking a flight to e.g. Colombia, walking into a bar with NO cameras, swapping his coins for Monero, or sending his coins to different private wallets (BTC) and then claiming he was drugged and when he woke up all his coins were gone? :rolleyes:
Drink spiking is rarely seen on cam. You can also just go down to your pub at langstrasse ;)

Drink spiking is rarely seen on cam. You can also just go down to your pub at langstrasse ;)
rof/% smi(&%
Good thinking ... Thanks...on my way now....just waiting for the train... ;)

1698937397346.png

Reactions: JackAlabama
Logged in to send some funds to a supplier and saw this: Upbit

and then this: Upbit
the posts no longer exist. What was in them?
ah, here - Upbit

What's "connection to TXT"?

Blockchain doesn't store IP in any way, although the owner of a *node* can. But even this forum can to.

Moreover, what's "access to a wallet"? If I open an explorer with the wallet of Vitalik Buterin - do I access his wallet? May be I'm Vitallik himself then? There may be 1000s of people who look at his wallet on an explorer daily. There're others who study interesting transactions too - they'll open them on an explorer too.

What if I access my wallet from multiple IPs? What if bots scan all non-zero addresses on blockchains thus accessing all them on daily or monthly basis?

You may've misunderstood something.

Last edited:

Latest Threads