Our valued sponsor

Can this help crypto retailers in the UAE?

myself

Sep 8, 2021
Canada
Visit site
The article says: “The newly acquired VASP license permits Binance not only to cater to institutional and qualified investors but also to pioneer retail cryptocurrency trading.”
Do you think this will help resolve the crypto banking situation for retailers in the UAE?

Honestly, no.

Banks there are allergic to anything crypto related unless you have a priority (sometimes private) banking relationship and even then you have explain yourself and what you do to a bunch of people on the regular.

Personal experience.

Theres ways around this tho, but you have to plan tightly and honestly its just easier to use a bank that wont give you headaches.

The article says: “The newly acquired VASP license permits Binance not only to cater to institutional and qualified investors but also to pioneer retail cryptocurrency trading.”
Do you think this will help resolve the crypto banking situation for retailers in the UAE?

not really. This is determined mainly by the central bank but mostly from the correspondence banking network of the usd.

Reactions: jafo and myself
Taiwan - Far Eastern Merchant Bank

They work with commercial crypto companies or companies that work in the Web3 space

They have access to both SEPA and Swift but also have access to regional rails such as SGD rails etc

Good service - and speedy settlements

Also can get personal private and personal consumer focused banking.

Last edited:

Just one thing of note - Binance these days much like other major crypto exchanges that have been targeted or have accessibility to the US will be honey pots for data gathering - best to look at some sort of off-chain confirmer to a consolidation wallet and cash out manually via domestic OTC or similar.

Reactions: jafo and myself
Taiwan - Far Eastern Merchant Bank

They work with commercial crypto companies or companies that work in the Web3 space

They have access to both SEPA and Swift but also have access to regional rails such as SGD rails etc

Good service - and speedy settlements

Also can get personal private and personal consumer focused banking.
Do they onboard UAE company?

Just one thing of note - Binance these days much like other major crypto exchanges that have been targeted or have accessibility to the US will be honey pots for data gathering - best to look at some sort of off-chain confirmer to a consolidation wallet and cash out manually via domestic OTC or similar.

In addition to this, Binance currently has NO fiat ramps, mfs tell you to use P2P lol
(For corporate, but retail doesnt have neither)

I hear UAE banks attitude toward crypto might change soon, anyone else heard something like that from reliable source? (mine is mostly rumour based)
and in what direction it goes?

and in what direction it goes?
Considering the attitude now is negative, and there will be CHANGE, the only other direction is positive?
they cant decide that much, the usd correspondence bank do (and to way lesser extent the euro ones).
I'm doing crypto related transfer even now in USD and EUR with US and EU banks. So there ARE crypto friendly correspondence banks, but not UAE ones.

well sure, why would they allow competition for others when its so easy to stop it ;)
Because there are hundreds of banks worldwide and not all of them think in unison. Some have specifically became crypto friendly to get a competitive edge over other banks.
Stopping is not as easy as you present it, in order to be effective most countries and banks should agree to act the same.

Latest Threads