Our valued sponsor

Question What would be the best story for the Proof of Funds question ?

They will report it to your tax office and you will be brought to court. That is what will happen. No proof no money! Welcome to the new world order.

If I have a personal bank account with €100k balance - and the EMI is asking me for Proof of Funds , what should I say ?
Normally, the truth. If the truth isn't in line with the bank's risk appetite, don't take your money to that bank.

What story to make up and say to get my account and money back ?
Lying to banks is a bad idea. It creates a spiral of lies and deceits. You say you did X, and the bank asks for proof, so you forge some documents. Then they want more documents. Each additional piece of document you forge puts you deeper in trouble if/when the bank decides to close your account, file an SAR, and potentially freeze the funds pending a court order to release.

Can they confiscate my money ?
Yes, but it's more likely they would just send it back where it came from.

Normally, the truth. If the truth isn't in line with the bank's risk appetite, don't take your money to that bank.

Lying to banks is a bad idea. It creates a spiral of lies and deceits. You say you did X, and the bank asks for proof, so you forge some documents. Then they want more documents. Each additional piece of document you forge puts you deeper in trouble if/when the bank decides to close your account, file an SAR, and potentially freeze the funds pending a court order to release.

Yes, but it's more likely they would just send it back where it came from.

bunq has recently closed my account with no reason given - did they report me too ? :eek:

it was a personal account though.

all the funds on my bunq account came from my own Wise account ,,. no third party was involved whatsoever. (I never sent or received money on my bunq account from other people than myself.)

Bunq immediately let me transfer my money out once they closed the account...

Last edited:
Reactions: KJK
bunq has recently closed my account with no reason given - did they report me too ? :eek:

it was a personal account though.
I feel like this is what they do to everyone nowadays. Probably the only client they want is a regular employee with a regular monhtly paycheck who also gets their credit card and doesn't do anything else.

Basically anything else will make you suspicious.

But hey, they will plant a tree for every 100€ you spend with their card when you are on their "Easy Green" plan. stupi#21

Usually a bank or EMI won't block the funds forever and after a while they will tell you your account is closed and you are allowed to make one last transfer to another account in your name.

If they suspect criminal activity, they are required to file a report. In their case, it would go to the Dutch authorities first.

Money comes from somewhere, as you can’t print it. You need to show where it comes from.
Exactly. Now is a very bad time to be engaged in financial crime. And it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
If they suspect criminal activity, they are required to file a report. In their case, it would go to the Dutch authorities first.

Exactly. Now is a very bad time to be engaged in financial crime. And it's only going to get worse.

Even though I am not from Dutch ?

Later they told me they have decided to close my account because they believe I was doing business on a personal account.

I had crypto exchange ask me for source of funds, the story and proof I told them didn't add up at all yet it got accepted by them. I used some completely different business activity and made up other details. You can use your other activity details or your friend's

Well EMI is surely more serious than crypto exchange but in general the employees don't care much and are not very competent so don't be scared and be confident, on one end there is a person that probably resolves around 30 cases a day of this type and it doesn't matter a lot to him and on another you fighting for your hard earned 100 K EUR.

Of course you should think twice before forging documents and better refrain from that

LOL - Flash bang....what you hoping for, peeing in the wind outside your country without problems.........thu&¤#

I don't think they have reported me since I did nothing illegal

I was just referring to the point that I am not from Dutch , so what's the point in reporting me to the Dutch authorities...

I had crypto exchange ask me for source of funds, the story and proof I told them didn't add up at all yet it got accepted by them. I used some completely different business activity and made up other details. You can use your other activity details or your friend's

Well EMI is surely more serious than crypto exchange but in general the employees don't care much and are not very competent so don't be scared and be confident, on one end there is a person that probably resolves around 30 cases a day of this type and it doesn't matter a lot to him and on another you fighting for your hard earned 100 K EUR.

Of course you should think twice before forging documents and better refrain from that

Can you please tell me the full story ?

Which EMI was it and what explanation did you use that they've accepted ?

I may should try your story.. please tell me.

Last edited:
Even though I am not from Dutch ?
They report you to Dutch authorities because they are a Dutch bank. The Dutch authorities can then simply forward the email to their counterparts in your home country.

This works until it doesn't. And when it doesn't, you've turned "We don't like this customer" into "This customer has committed provable crimes".

As long as you're dealing with petty amounts (say under 50-100,000 EUR), you might not be worth the time and effort today. But if you grow or if systems catch up with the backlog even for smaller amounts, you're in for a treat when they start asking for proof and proof of proof.

Reactions: flashbang
They report you to Dutch authorities because they are a Dutch bank. The Dutch authorities can then simply forward the email to their counterparts in your home country.

This works until it doesn't. And when it doesn't, you've turned "We don't like this customer" into "This customer has committed provable crimes".

As long as you're dealing with petty amounts (say under 50-100,000 EUR), you might not be worth the time and effort today. But if you grow or if systems catch up with the backlog even for smaller amounts, you're in for a treat when they start asking for proof and proof of proof.

I literally had only one transaction on my bunq easy green metal card plan - a transfer of €50k coming from my own Wise account, to my bunq.

Do you think they have reported me ?

The reason for the account closure was that they believed I was doing business on a personal account..

Reactions: troubled soul
I agree so much... it's going to be complicated, but what shall we do?
Which one is better in your opinion, BlackCatCard or Fidor Bank ?
they are exact the same, so all other EMI's and banks which are not based on extremally special and expensive setups!

in terms of funds / account freezing, account closure, etc.. for personal banking with €100k+
I mean, they are the same, they will freeze, ban and report regardless who you are going to use.

I mean, they are the same, they will freeze, ban and report regardless who you are going to use.

for real ? :(

BlackCatCard has just asked me to open an account with them and ask them in a support ticket about the Proof of Funds question before I would transfer my €100k+ there.....

They wanna check my documents beforehand and if they decide that my documents are good enough, they will ask me to initiate the transfer..

Can I trust them guys ?

Which one is better in your opinion, BlackCatCard or Fidor Bank ?

in terms of funds / account freezing, account closure, etc.. for personal banking with €100k+
I (and the people I work with, whose experiences I learn from) don't have a problem declaring SOW/SOF in detail going back years, so I'm not sure if my experience is helpful for you.

They wanna check my documents beforehand and if they decide that my documents are good enough, they will ask me to initiate the transfer..

Can I trust them guys ?
Can they trust you? Can you be completely 100% honest and transparent about where your money come from?