What would you do with $100K?

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more
CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.

Golden Fleece

Entrepreneur
@jjrapy pen#%%&

the same reaction must have had Noah, when he build the ark, but we all know the story...
Taking the story one step further, once Noah and his family stepped off the ark humanity once again began its foolishness all over again. Humanity had learned absolutely nothing from God's cleansing of the Earth.

Most crypto investors are utterly ignorant of the history of financial cycles, asset bubbles, and basic economics.
 

JackAlabama

Entrepreneur
Taking the story one step further, once Noah and his family stepped off the ark humanity once again began its foolishness all over again. Humanity had learned absolutely nothing from God's cleansing of the Earth.

Most crypto investors are utterly ignorant of the history of financial cycles, asset bubbles, and basic economics.
Or most fiat investors? After all, it is the fiat debt cycle which looks pretty extended.
 

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Staff member
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member

bilderberger

New member
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on what you would do with $100k that is just sat doing nothing. I currently have that amount in an old bank account and am looking for ideas about what I could do with it. I have no immediate need for it. I have some ideas what to do with it based on other things I've put money in over the years, but looking to see what opinions people have and what I might have missed.

Ideally, I'd like to put it somewhere where it can compound or at the very least not just lose value. The ideas can be anything:

Spunking it up a wall
Crypto
Property
Vanguard type investment
etc.
It’s not a big lump but I’d be thinking along the lines of;
25% into P2P lending
25% into REIT
25% buy a revenue generating website
25% into crypto
 

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Staff member
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member
It’s not a big lump but I’d be thinking along the lines of;
25% into P2P lending
25% into REIT
25% buy a revenue generating website
25% into crypto

Although I don't agree with all your choices here. I do like the fact that you actually have considered allocation. The performance of a portfolio comes via its allocation so well done thu&¤#.
 

stevy777

Active Member
i would invest in a fund paying at least 15% annual with the cashflow paid monthly

the cashflow placed into BSV
 

azb1

Entrepreneur
eek¤%&Is there any legitimate financial product or investment option which pays 15% annual (in hard currency)?bor&%#:p
With small amount , not perfect 15% but around this you can achieve ,

Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF

Second will be Split Strike Strategy.


Crowdfunding real esate website do offer around 10% rental yield.

You see with small amount and small risk It is very easy to achieve annual 10 % yield. There are so many option strategy are there , Just google it.smi(&%smi(&%smi(&%smi(&%

Low risk= Low return
High risk= High return.

Like say


25% in Stable crypto -> 12% interest yield
25% in Real estate -> around 6% rental income
25% in combination High yield ETF -> around 6% dividend income (i.e. 50% in SPY ETF and 50% in Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF )
25% passive income website -> 12% income (i.e. Adsense website kind of online business)


Overall you can get very good return and most important thing is It is all weather portfolio
 

backpacker

Entrepreneur
With small amount , not perfect 15% but around this you can achieve ,

Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF

Second will be Split Strike Strategy.


Crowdfunding real esate website do offer around 10% rental yield.

You see with small amount and small risk It is very easy to achieve annual 10 % yield. There are so many option strategy are there , Just google it.smi(&%smi(&%smi(&%smi(&%

Low risk= Low return
High risk= High return.

Like say


25% in Stable crypto -> 12% interest yield
25% in Real estate -> around 6% rental income
25% in combination High yield ETF -> around 6% dividend income (i.e. 50% in SPY ETF and 50% in Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF )
25% passive income website -> 12% income (i.e. Adsense website kind of online business)


Overall you can get very good return and most important thing is It is all weather portfolio
Thank you for the input. You are right with:
Low risk= Low return
High risk= High return.

When reading things like "stable crypto yielding 12%", NASDAQ Call ETF or online business investments with 12% return in relation to a 100k investable amount, then the risk ./. reward potential is at odds.
I would put 75% in something stable (simple insured bank deposit). With remaining 25% I would start speculating (after gaining the required knowledge) through a low-fee brokerage account. In the worst case 25k are lost forever.
However, pouring all available funds into mixing one risky investment with other risky investments to get a pot-pourri of risky investments is not a wise way to proceed. It would be bell-weather-investing which inevitably leads to a total disaster.
 

azb1

Entrepreneur
Thank you for the input. You are right with:
Low risk= Low return
High risk= High return.

When reading things like "stable crypto yielding 12%", NASDAQ Call ETF or online business investments with 12% return in relation to a 100k investable amount, then the risk ./. reward potential is at odds.
I would put 75% in something stable (simple insured bank deposit). With remaining 25% I would start speculating (after gaining the required knowledge) through a low-fee brokerage account. In the worst case 25k are lost forever.
However, pouring all available funds into mixing one risky investment with other risky investments to get a pot-pourri of risky investments is not a wise way to proceed.
Yeh, True
Depend person to person, What one person is trying to achieve with his money ?
Capital protection or Capital Appreciation ?
 

Golden Fleece

Entrepreneur
eek¤%&Is there any legitimate financial product or investment option which pays 15% annual (in hard currency)?bor&%#:p
Bridge loans backed by collateral in solid, often family-owned, small companies. The companies grow so fast that they need multiple sources of funding, including from banks and outside investors, and the extra income generated by the loan far exceeds the 15% annual interest rate. There is almost no risk because the collateral, e.g., houses, cattle, etc., exceeds the value of the loan. Typically in the 8%-10% range, but you can find them up to 15% or more.
 
Last edited:

jjrapy

Active Member
Thank you for the input. You are right with:
Low risk= Low return
High risk= High return.

When reading things like "stable crypto yielding 12%", NASDAQ Call ETF or online business investments with 12% return in relation to a 100k investable amount, then the risk ./. reward potential is at odds.
I would put 75% in something stable (simple insured bank deposit). With remaining 25% I would start speculating (after gaining the required knowledge) through a low-fee brokerage account. In the worst case 25k are lost forever.
However, pouring all available funds into mixing one risky investment with other risky investments to get a pot-pourri of risky investments is not a wise way to proceed. It would be bell-weather-investing which inevitably leads to a total disaster.
Exactly. 100k is a low amount to live only of returns (depending of the country of course) and the risk/reward potential in case that you need to do that, is at odds as you pointed out.
 

USSVS

New member
It might just be me but I think 100k is a decent amount of $. if it is just sitting in an account at .01% interest (what my chase business accounts currently pay), you should think about putting it to work doing something more productive. Unless it is emergency $. in that case I say it is good to have a nice cash reserve "just in case". Emergencies are a lot less dramatic with a little $ in your account. I don't know anything about crypto, but you could do a number of things depending on where you live/ want to invest. Here are a few ideas that I have. I listed them in order of the amount of work you would need to do from least to greatest.
  1. Emergency fund (should be 3-12 months worth of living expenses)
  2. Invest in a well diversified portfolio of publicly held stocks and bonds. (a great place to park $ when you dont need it)
  3. Invest in some real estate- partner with some other investors on a good residential or commercial property.
  4. Invest in real estate alone. 100k is enough for a nice downpayment in decent area. let a renter pay off the loan.
  5. Invest in real estate in a cheaper area and pay cash and rent it out. (generally riskier renters)
  6. Partner with someone (or several someones) to open or purchase a franchise.
  7. Start your own company
*not financial, legal, or tax advise :)
 

tyrexoid

Active Member
It might just be me but I think 100k is a decent amount of $. if it is just sitting in an account at .01% interest (what my chase business accounts currently pay), you should think about putting it to work doing something more productive. Unless it is emergency $. in that case I say it is good to have a nice cash reserve "just in case". Emergencies are a lot less dramatic with a little $ in your account. I don't know anything about crypto, but you could do a number of things depending on where you live/ want to invest. Here are a few ideas that I have. I listed them in order of the amount of work you would need to do from least to greatest.
  1. Emergency fund (should be 3-12 months worth of living expenses)
  2. Invest in a well diversified portfolio of publicly held stocks and bonds. (a great place to park $ when you dont need it)
  3. Invest in some real estate- partner with some other investors on a good residential or commercial property.
  4. Invest in real estate alone. 100k is enough for a nice downpayment in decent area. let a renter pay off the loan.
  5. Invest in real estate in a cheaper area and pay cash and rent it out. (generally riskier renters)
  6. Partner with someone (or several someones) to open or purchase a franchise.
  7. Start your own company
*not financial, legal, or tax advise :)
Very interesting list, what is the franchise though? Like cartoons or characters, a brand name to let others issue your swag to sell, and you get premiums? never heard of it as investments, what could be an example of a 'franchise' you refer to?
 
Top