Our valued sponsor

What you say Gold is best anonymous investment ?

what you describe has nothing to do with reality - do you live in Europe?
Aha - sorry you all mighty - you spoke the true word for all of us, no one else around here has their own experience nor opinion. I'm terrible sorry. Yes I'm a European traveler, doing it frequently.

Aha - sorry you all mighty - you spoke the true word for all of us, no one else around here has their own experience nor opinion. I'm terrible sorry. Yes I'm a European traveler, doing it frequently.

why did I make you so upset?
so your opinion is that white guy traveling across Europe in mediocre car can be stopped, car searched and if they find 20k you're in trouble? unrealistic scenario

I must say, it depends on where you are going in Europe, some places they are going crazy and even have boarder pass control i.e. Denmark, if you cross that boarder your chances to get cought are very high.

so your opinion is that white guy traveling across Europe in mediocre car can be stopped, car searched and if they find 20k you're in trouble? unrealistic scenario

6% import tax for cash over 6000€, in some EU countries. Been stopped a couple of times, at airports, fortunately i didn't have that much cash with me.

Reactions: clemens

I think there is so much s**t posted on the forum once in a while that I have to tell all the many users who do not know better, that some of what is posted has never seen the shadow of truth.

Not yet but I wouldn't be surprised if that will be a reality in the future. Actually it already IS A REALITY in the United States. look up civil asset forfeiture.
Retarded cop can stop you, search your car, find you have some money and if he (using his brain process) suspects the money may be of illegal origin, he can seize it. Then you can spend a year or more arguing in courts and perhaps you will get it back.

It is not yet applied with car stops now in Europe but such things actually happen in airports (well, happened before coronavirus lockdown). If you carry over 10K through an airport and you're searched, you will be stopped, accused of something (such as funding terrorists) and you will be fined 5-10 % of the amount you carry as a sort of blackmail if you want to continue to your destination. I'm not kidding, this is regularly happening in Netherlands, Belgium and other countries.

Little island in the EU every week there is a someone getting busted at the airport for non-declared cash > 10k by the little sniffer dog puppy. No rumors thats how it is. In most airports you are not going to simply fly with 100k without major risk especially if you do not want to have it on record.

Malta seem to be the destination where people try to get away with undeclared money.

Anyway, is it when they want to leave Malta or do they try to get it into Malta?

Why flight to Malta if launder cash is easier and cheaper in Gibraltar?

Why flight to Malta if launder cash is easier and cheaper in Gibraltar?
Can you explain a little why it is easier and cheaper in Gibraltar, I got curious now?

Can you explain a little why it is easier and cheaper in Gibraltar, I got curious now?
The border is crossed by 15k people daily and you can even enter with motor vehicles. No VAT and the corporate tax is just 10%.
Just start a a shop and start bringing cash to the bank as "sales"

Reactions: JohnLocke
To be more specific they are getting busted flying -out- of Malta probably leaving because covid killed their business model - whatever that was. The cash is likely not declared in any country, probably from local sales / shenanigans over the years and now that they are leaving they have to take it with them. You have a >50% probably to encounter that cute little fucker (dog) although only saw it on arrivals. These people are all getting busted departing.

I doubt too much cash laundering is going on. Bad place for such activities in many ways unless you have the means of a larger yacht / private jet.

Reactions: JohnLocke
The border is crossed by 15k people daily and you can even enter with motor vehicles. No VAT and the corporate tax is just 10%.
Just start a a shop and start bringing cash to the bank as "sales"
That could be a interesting model. You open a local store, bring the "sales" to the bank, now it is legal money, from there you can transfer them to anywhere or into anything you want. Not bad... if you take it to a higher level it is getting even more interesting.. thank you.
I doubt too much cash laundering is going on. Bad place for such activities in many ways unless you have the means of a larger yacht / private jet.
that's not the majority that have the option to do so.

investments in digital gold have now faded a little into the background, as the cryptocurrency has eclipsed investor interest in this metal, but I continue to hold some assets in gold as I consider these investments to be the most stable.