Our valued sponsor

What's the best country in Europe to relocate with lowest possible tax?

Mine are facts... why you're chatting here then, it's the wrong forum.
You should work, you have to pay the 60% of taxes I refused to...
or are you on benefits too? smi(&%
What's the point of bashing the EU in almost any EU related topic? Instead of these no-sense additives
you are sleeping in your dream world.Statistics are worth garbage.Its like telling me the inflation over last 10 years was only 2%.Who belives in that s**t ?
EU is deep communist.Its implementing now a deflationary system which is very centralized including industry 4.0 .
Peoples wealth is considered their money what they can do whatever they want.
An example in end of 2019 Merkel implemented a law that peoples savings can be used to pay citizens who got damages from vaccines.
Next step high taxation.Green party already said something arround 72% if you earn 2800 Euro per month.
Right now they are calm before the storm but just wait a few months when inflation skyrockets,interrest needs to be raised and lack of gas what is going to happen quickly.

with deep communist i don't mean they implement a communistic country 1:1 like before.
State owned property is not welcomed.Thats why ex communist country had to privatise everything.
However its a central planned econemy with everyone having the same benefit which is minimal
where individualism is not tolareted.Freedom of movement is already being restricted and it will be increased.
Germany is building already a wall to poland.
Officaly against wild pigs.
You can explain why you need a permanent 2.5m high wall for wild pigs ?
People are sleeping.........
Es hat niemand vor eine Mauer zu bauen.......
People don't even see how they are more and more getting closed in a terrytority they won't be able to escape soon anymore.

The diffrence is you guys get the mRNA vaccine where others don't.Deep democratic countries are clearly the target.The other point is the financial repression in these countries to suck out wealth and make the citizens comply

I know you need your guru with a title or an article on xyz
Its in your blood you need a Fuhrer
But maybe Mr Brain can explain to me where i added a race so you called it racism.
Dumb never learned to read properly and argument but instead throughs words like racism trying to silence someone ?
Well I'd I am pretty down to earth and rational person so I'd rather guide myself by stats than by fear.

Yeah the inflation numbers don't make sense most of the time because you can't really measure inflation anyway it's to complex to express it in a percentage.

You are just insinuating things, it's all based on a theory of what could happen, doesn't mean it will happen..

And besides the COVID situation I haven't really felt limited in freedom of movement, just crossed 4 countries in the EU last weekend by car without any problems, imagine trying this in Africa, South America or Asia..

What bad things do you see happening for people that are getting the vaccine? Bill Gates implementing a 5G chip with the vaccines so they can control your mind?

If I can give you some advice, stop bothering yourself with these non-sense theories and invest your precious time in something else, trust me it will give you a lot more peace in your mind. If you would actually believe that Europe would turn into this communist hell hole you pretend it will be in the future I don't see why the f**k you are not getting the f**k out of Europe?

Mine are facts... why you're chatting here then, it's the wrong forum.
You should work, you have to pay the 60% of taxes I refused to...
or are you on benefits too? smi(&%

that's only because once you reach those "elite" levels, there's plenty of hidden loopholes (not usable for the average citizen) to pay a lot less taxes than the "advertised ones".

Europe is a great continent with many interesting places. But the EU the way is going is doomed to fail.
I don't know what EU country you are from but in my home country there are no loopholes anymore for the "elite". Well if you don't believe a bright future for EU countries I suggest to get out of it if you not already have and stop bothering about it.

ehm... I just came from Ukraine partying NY with my family... you indeed have no idea what you're talking about in terms of Eastern Europe (just go visit and travel these countries to understand your prejudices are so far from reality).

Ukraine, what an example of country in a state of war.

Now partying tourists for a few days are telling us how a life is in a certain country? LOL!!

Reactions: RealDude
All replies in this thread starts with taxation rate in mind while i think the priority should be quality education for kids.

best-universities-in-europe-2016-median-overall-score-large.jpg

You can then add the taxation layer on top of best education systems map and voilà you have the best country where to settle.

Guess what? It's Switzerland.

Yes it could be expensive depending on which canton you will chose but safety, quality of education and taxation levels could be unparalelled compared to near nations.
One issue with Switzerland is Wealth Tax, any canton or loophole/strategy to avoid it or reduce it?

Reactions: JohnLocke
If you only consider tax, Estonia 's a great place. Administration's very fast, too. I've been there a few times, and I got everything I wanted really fast, but I don't think I'll ever live there. The place is just too cold. Tax cannot be the only reason to move to a country.

France has high tax and awful people, Austria's a boring country... Bucarest's quite fun, and life's very cheap... You have to find out what matters to you besides tax. If you can, I'd recommend to split your life among several countries.

If I can give you some advice, stop bothering yourself with these non-sense theories and invest your precious time in something else, trust me it will give you a lot more peace in your mind. If you would actually believe that Europe would turn into this communist hell hole you pretend it will be in the future I don't see why the f**k you are not getting the f**k out of Europe?
it was so reasonably well elaborated, however, the question may still be valid. Dubai & Bahamas is so far the only mentioned places on this Globe you guys believe in and that will not turn into a new EUSSR or Zombie war zone.

The options are limited I believe ?

it was so reasonably well elaborated, however, the question may still be valid. Dubai & Bahamas is so far the only mentioned places on this Globe you guys believe in and that will not turn into a new EUSSR or Zombie war zone.

The options are limited I believe ?

About UAE I am not that sure: US, UAE intercept Houthi ballistic missiles over Abu Dhabi

UAE is in a region with eradicated conflicts (middle east), it is also near Iran: Iran threatens to attack UAE over Israel deal

The Bahamas may be a little bit unsafe in terms of local criminals but I do not see any wars coming in the next years :)

Reactions: FlipnShip
I have been considering many places with good infrastructure, mainstream tax rates and good schools for the kids.

So far I concluded Switzerland, UK and Germany, however, no of them look like to really be good in tax optimizing and things sounds to be even worse in the near future!

Where is paradise?

Malta has good infrastructure, schools / education, and the taxation rate 5% on company income.
Romania has medium infrastructure, good schools (American schools, etc), and taxation rate 3% on company income.

Reactions: aage and JohnLocke
Malta has good infrastructure, schools / education, and the taxation rate 5% on company income.
Romania has medium infrastructure, good schools (American schools, etc), and taxation rate 3% on company income.
If Malta has a good infrastructure, then I must have lived in a different Malta. You know there is also Malta in US right? :)

Taxation is 35% with 6/7 refund but it takes ages to take it out. Let’s say your financial year ends 31st December and your profit is €1m. You have to pay €350k tax 18 months later, then you are supposed to receive 6/7 tax refund within 14 days. This is just a theory though. I got it within 2 weeks maybe once only. Usually it takes 4-6 months, last year it took me 9 months to get it. That’s in total 27 months period from financial year ended until I saw effective 5%. Obviously perhaps there are ways to use this money earlier like by getting a loan to the shareholder which he later pays back to pay the tax.

I heard there is a way now to skip the waiting time and paying 35% by paying 5% effective tax by having another MT entity. I did not venture how exactly it works though. Will have to ask my csp as this would be interesting.

Reactions: orangekangaroo
The only place that I would consider to live in in the EU besides Portugal is Ireland, English speaking country with Great nature, nice people, great schools & colleges, good banking, great networking and lots of VC that cater to my type of businesses so it's easier to raise capital, has a big city vibe (which is something that I like) without the downsides of living in big cities (minus the drunk lads ofc), and last but not least, great tax system with some nice write-offs.

There are other countries, but I wouldn't mind paying some taxes and live part of my time in Ireland, but with my current tax planning and structures, I wouldn't pay a dime in taxes, so I might give it a shot, Europe is the only continent where I don't have a "base" there, and Ireland might be a good option!

The only place that I would consider to live in in the EU besides Portugal is Ireland, English speaking country with Great nature, nice people, great schools & colleges, good banking, great networking and lots of VC that cater to my type of businesses so it's easier to raise capital, has a big city vibe (which is something that I like) without the downsides of living in big cities (minus the drunk lads ofc), and last but not least, great tax system with some nice write-offs.

There are other countries, but I wouldn't mind paying some taxes and live part of my time in Ireland, but with my current tax planning and structures, I wouldn't pay a dime in taxes, so I might give it a shot, Europe is the only continent where I don't have a "base" there, and Ireland might be a good option!
Ireland would be perfect I agree for all the points above except... the weather.

If Malta has a good infrastructure, then I must have lived in a different Malta. You know there is also Malta in US right? :)

Taxation is 35% with 6/7 refund but it takes ages to take it out. Let’s say your financial year ends 31st December and your profit is €1m. You have to pay €350k tax 18 months later, then you are supposed to receive 6/7 tax refund within 14 days. This is just a theory though. I got it within 2 weeks maybe once only. Usually it takes 4-6 months, last year it took me 9 months to get it. That’s in total 27 months period from financial year ended until I saw effective 5%. Obviously perhaps there are ways to use this money earlier like by getting a loan to the shareholder which he later pays back to pay the tax.

I heard there is a way now to skip the waiting time and paying 35% by paying 5% effective tax by having another MT entity. I did not venture how exactly it works though. Will have to ask my csp as this would be interesting.
You also have to be built for island life. This is a hectic, potholed, dusty island with 450k people on a tiny sandstone rock.

Ireland would be perfect I agree for all the points above except... the weather.
I considered Ireland after the GFC in 2010. Property was so cheap, should have done it.

Reactions: aage
All replies in this thread starts with taxation rate in mind while i think the priority should be quality education for kids.

best-universities-in-europe-2016-median-overall-score-large.jpg

You can then add the taxation layer on top of best education systems map and voilà you have the best country where to settle.

Guess what? It's Switzerland.

Yes it could be expensive depending on which canton you will chose but safety, quality of education and taxation levels could be unparalelled compared to near nations.

Whilst I'd agree that the choice of schooling is fundamental, there's more to education than universities, which your children will likely attend at an age where they are already adults and can go abroad with basically no problem.

The nature and background of the average children in the school system from age 5 to 18 should be a much bigger concern. In a place like the UK you have to pay dear money to ensure your (hopefully well-behaved and reasonably cultured) children are not surrounded by basically beasts, and for them to actually learn something.
In Scandinavian countries, children genuinely learn very little, but the environments are safe and they don't cost much.

Too many of the countries in the map are way too heterogeneous to be treated as one country. Milan is a very different deal from Palermo, Paris from Nice, Madrid from Malaga etc.
Apart from the legal and tax set-up, the idea of a "country" doesn't really help here, I think it's a lot better to reason in terms of cities.

I agree, but I won't spend the winter there, I have other places/bases for that.

But for the other points I stated above, you usually can't have all of them in one place specially in Europe, and then comes Ireland and that's why I think it's hard to beat, because they really have it all.

Specially the nature there is something else, I was really surprised by the vast amount of nature that Ireland has, and it's so beautiful.

I agree, but I won't spend the winter there, I have other places/bases for that.

But for the other points I stated above, you usually can't have all of them in one place specially in Europe, and then comes Ireland and that's why I think it's hard to beat, because they really have it all.

Specially the nature there is something else, I was really surprised by the vast amount of nature that Ireland has, and it's so beautiful.
Which city in Ireland do you recommend as a base?

I would not recommend Ireland, expensive place, very condescending people, very racist at times, personal tax rate pretty much in line with other EU countries on average.

Anyways, if you pay yourself dividends instead of wages, tax rate will be a flat rate in many EU countries. France for example would be a nice place to be for 30% tax rate.

Reactions: banafinfodafuggiano

Latest Threads