Our valued sponsor

WhatsApp API marketing vs Email marketing

SasuT

Member Plus
Jun 5, 2023
France
Visit site
Hey,
Curious to get your thoughts on that. I very rarely see WhatsApp marketing (via WhatsApp API). For me it's very under rated. Opening rate is almost 100%, no concurrence.. I think it's at least a really good addition to email marketing, and maybe even a replacement for it.

Any feedbacks on that?

Hey,
Curious to get your thoughts on that. I very rarely see WhatsApp marketing (via WhatsApp API). For me it's very under rated. Opening rate is almost 100%, no concurrence.. I think it's at least a really good addition to email marketing, and maybe even a replacement for it.

Any feedbacks on that?
Depends on which niche you're working in (WhatsApp tends to ban accounts quickly) and if your "recipients" are actually opt-in, you get banned pretty fast if they are not since people can mark the message "easily" as SPAM.

SMS offers a little bit more "flexibility" regarding the mentioned issues but obv. more expensive.

Email is #1 in my opinion as long as you know how to acquire good lists, and how to setup it for high inbox, open, ctr rates. With WhatsApp you will get blocked almost instantly after some reports. As for the SMS, I personally would stay away from this as its very illegal and much different than Emailing. When you SMS someone and not have their permission you are really disturbing people. Well, read some differences between these and you will see why I say it.

Email is #1 in my opinion as long as you know how to acquire good lists, and how to setup it for high inbox, open, ctr rates. With WhatsApp you will get blocked almost instantly after some reports. As for the SMS, I personally would stay away from this as its very illegal and much different than Emailing. When you SMS someone and not have their permission you are really disturbing people. Well, read some differences between these and you will see why I say it.
I have an effective software product combined with a service, but I am working right now of effective marketing.
Where does one get lists? Would generative "AI" help with email or whatsapp marketing to make all messages more personalized?

Hey,

Any feedbacks on that?
I have all the technology lined up, I am working out a possible business idea that includes phone B2B or even B2C marketing - but automated.
Text-to-speech and speech-to-text have improved quite a bit, we are a long way past yelling into one's phone to get Siri/Google Assistant to work.

I could see LLMs also having an impact on email marketing, especially if you can get lists with a bit more personal information attached (Not sure about the legal aspects of this).