Our valued sponsor

When do I need to register as a business or individual activity in Czech Republic?

czechdude

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I am citizen of the EU and I want to start something completely legit in Czech Republic. When do I need to register it as something? Some countries have individual activity up until certain sum, and then you have to register it as a business if you exceed that but I can't find information with translators in Czech and before I even begin, I cannot afford to go to lawyers or anything. And I don't want to have problems with tax agencies at any point. And nobody speaks any English around here so I was unable to get any information locally either.

Anyway, my activity would be resale business and targeted at Czech Republic customers and I am not planning for big profits which is why I want to know how to deal with taxation and what and if I need to register it as what if anything at all for now.

I will not have any employees, currently I do not have insurance or have to pay any support or anything like that.

Please ask something if it helps to answer! :)

Reactions: blizz
Dude in your case I would recommend you open self properietorship .. in Czech language it is called "zivnost". Each town/city has its own office for that called "Zivnostensky urad" so google your "city+zivnostensky urad" and go there!
Very easy and super cheap to establish self proprietorship and get a business certificate. Then of course you need to know how to deal with taxes + VAT registration (when you exceed certain turnover) + pay social and health insurance. Good if you talk with some local accountant that speaks english, shouldnt be hard to find via Internet Googling.

Unfortunately without knowing some local language, wont take you far. English is not official language in CZ.

Reactions: blizz

Latest Threads