Our valued sponsor

Where to go for vaccine tourism?

Shlomo

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
I am interested in visiting some country to get vaccinated, where vaccines are available for foreigners, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I read Serbia has been offering it, the UAE, and even in Russia it is possible. Any other options? Where is it easiest? How to go about it?

Reactions: Konstanz
I wasn't even aware that we had countries that didn't vaccinate!

@Admin I think the reason OP is asking is not because his country is not vaccinating, but because in many countries there are priorities in place who will be vaccinated first. There is no way a whole Europe will vaccinated this year and now think about countries in Africa - there are still wealthy people living there who could easily book a flight to get vaccinated.

As for the UAE, tourists cannot get vaccinated. Only residence visa holders. I am aware of the news about Covid tourism to UAE but these are single cases about high profile people having some connections with the UAE government.

@Admin I think the reason OP is asking is not because his country is not vaccinating, but because in many countries there are priorities in place who will be vaccinated first. There is no way a whole Europe will vaccinated this year and now think about countries in Africa - there are still wealthy people living there who could easily book a flight to get vaccinated.
I believe that is exactly the case even in most developed countries that even if people are getting vaccinated, it might be going incredibly slow, with different priority groups first getting vaccinated. In particular, it is well-known that in the EU there is a huge vaccine shortage.

Maybe it is not even always that it is a shortage, but the people who are offered to get vaccinated do not get vaccinated, and those who want to get vaccinated do not get offered to get vaccinated.

The countries that seem to have an abundance of vaccines are those who have received vaccines both from Russia and China, for example the UAE, Serbia, and so on. I read that tourists have been getting vaccinated in Serbia, and apparently it is possible in Russia, but at the same time as far as I know Russia does not issue visas. So I am wondering what experience people have in this regard?

Reactions: Yoyo331998
I am interested in visiting some country to get vaccinated, where vaccines are available for foreigners, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I read Serbia has been offering it, the UAE, and even in Russia it is possible. Any other options? Where is it easiest? How to go about it?
Serbia, you can even choose among Pfizer, Sinovac and my preferred one, Sputnik.

• Haha
Reactions: 3leaf
Serbia, you can even choose among Pfizer, Sinovac and my preferred one, Sputnik.
I am also interested primarily in the Sputnik vaccine, but how would one go about receiving the vaccine in Serbia? Some wrote that foreigners were only offered the AstraZeneca vaccine, and others wrote that there is a website where anyone (including foreigners) can register to schedule an appointment to get vaccinated with any vaccine of their choice.

Hi

Don´t worry it would be there for everybody everywhere very soon, like the admin I wasnt aware there is countries what not vaccinate, can I ask you where are you from?, or where you are?

I hope you before put this "vaccine" are aware of the risks and get the right information. Just to put in perspective if you die or get health issues because the vaccine you cant go to court in most countries.

Hi

Don´t worry it would be there for everybody everywhere very soon, like the admin I wasnt aware there is countries what not vaccinate, can I ask you where are you from?, or where you are?

I hope you before put this "vaccine" are aware of the risks and get the right information. Just to put in perspective if you die or get health issues because the vaccine you cant go to court in most countries.
Yep, in my country (EUSSR) I must got AstraZeneca...I seriously prefer got covid than that s*it!

I am also interested primarily in the Sputnik vaccine, but how would one go about receiving the vaccine in Serbia? Some wrote that foreigners were only offered the AstraZeneca vaccine, and others wrote that there is a website where anyone (including foreigners) can register to schedule an appointment to get vaccinated with any vaccine of their choice.
Not a single website but you should see the page of the consulate/embassy of Serbia in your country.

We have some clients that setting up a Dubai Company that grants the Residence Visa only for the purpose of receiving the Vaccine.

We have several different cases and so far everything went well. It depends mainly on the age.

Don't have any personal experience so far for myself but will let you know once I applied for the vaccine injection.

I believe that is exactly the case even in most developed countries that even if people are getting vaccinated, it might be going incredibly slow, with different priority groups first getting vaccinated. In particular, it is well-known that in the EU there is a huge vaccine shortage.

Maybe it is not even always that it is a shortage, but the people who are offered to get vaccinated do not get vaccinated, and those who want to get vaccinated do not get offered to get vaccinated.

The countries that seem to have an abundance of vaccines are those who have received vaccines both from Russia and China, for example the UAE, Serbia, and so on. I read that tourists have been getting vaccinated in Serbia, and apparently it is possible in Russia, but at the same time as far as I know Russia does not issue visas. So I am wondering what experience people have in this regard?
I got my 2nd dose of Sputnik on the 19th of March in Moscow. The process was smooth without any bureaucracy headache, I'm an EU citizen but I have a 1-year business visa. For now, visa issuance is suspended but a friend of mine that works Russian ministry of tourism said that they are planning to resume issuing e-visas to some EU and Asian countries in April, but those definitely won't include countries like France, Germany, etc. due to bad covid situation.

I would like to bump this thread, as it has nearly been a month, and the situation might have changed. I think many people are interested in this topic. So the question remains: where is it possible now to go for vaccine tourism to get covid-19 vaccine?

We have some clients that setting up a Dubai Company that grants the Residence Visa only for the purpose of receiving the Vaccine.
Wow, the lengths people will go...

I personally try to avoid the vaccine, but will probably have to take it in order to travel. My sister took a Pfizer-Biontech vaccine and got very ill afterwards. She still needs to take a 2nd jab... At this point there certainly is a demand to live in a city in a warm country where you would not be forced to wear a mask, could go to bars & restaurants and live a normal life like before. No such place in the Western World.

As to the topic, Serbia had so many vaccines, they were at risk of getting past due date. Hence they gave jabs for free. There is a Serbian government website for "expressing your interest in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine." here (only in Serbian language). Direct link to the form here (you can feed the link to google translate, but pull-down menus might not work).

Great answer @daxbr

Las Vegas opens up fully in June. Business class flights and decent hotels are cheap. It's about time for a vacation.
@khinkali
Did you already look into the details. Not all US states provide vaccines to tourists.
I am wondering if one can just show up and will get the vaccine without much formality. Or if it works like in British Columbia (Canada) where tourists need to go through a convoluted registration process first in order to be eligible for a vaccine .... and then have to wait for up to a month just to get the first jab.
Do you plan to go to the US for the vaccine?

I do not want to waste too much money and time on this, hence looking for the most feasible and straightforward option. Any input is highly appreciated.

21 states seem OK with non residence and the list is expanding:

Are you near Alaska? "Starting June 1, Alaska will vaccinate tourists arriving at major airports in the state."

Personally I find a month in Las Vegas rather appealing; it's opening up and hotels are cheap. But I'm hanging on a while in case somewhere closer starts vaccinating tourists or if Georgia will allow private vaccination of non citizens and non permanent residence.

Russia also seems to have quite good vaccine tourism; you can get a visa for a wellness trip with vaccination. But Sputnik V isn't on the WHO list for now so it could make travel more difficult. Thus far WHO has listed Pfizer/BioNTech, Astrazeneca-SK Bio, Serum Institute of India, Janssen, Moderna and Sinopharm vaccines for emergency use.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads