Our valued sponsor

Where to go for vaccine tourism?

Are you near Alaska?
I am as far away from Alaska as you are. Which means about three miles from the monument your avatar shows ;) . We can meet on a coffee ... .
I'm hanging on a while in case somewhere closer starts vaccinating tourists or if Georgia will allow private vaccination of non citizens and non permanent residence.
As things stand, the Georgian government does not have any intention to vaccinate non-permanent residents. Even if one has the famous Personal Number along with a temporary residence permit it does not entitle to participate in the local vaccination program. Private vaccination will not happen anytime soon because most of the doses are from the COVAX platform. That's what my physician told me.

"Somewhere closer": Exactly! But where? Official policy of EU/EEA and MEA-countries is to only vaccinate their residents and there are no signs that this will change.
I am currently thinking of going for Sputnik V in Russia. I find it hard to believe that the WHO will continue to ignore the Russian vaccine while it has already been administered in many countries.

Ha. I saw "British Columbia" and thought you were somewhere over there.

Even if Georgia extends to residents, I don't see any willingness to take it further. Especially after the Ukraine so-called scandal ("how dare people fly extra vaccines in from another country? Somehow they stole them from us!") and Serbia change of policy ("oops, some bad headlines, let's indulge in some vaccine nationalism like everywhere else!") .

"Somewhere closer": Exactly! But where?
I'd take Cyprus if things change. I have UK and EU citizenship. UK specifically excludes me but if EU decides that all EU states should vaccinate non-resident citizens of other EU states then that would be a nice cheap month's vacation.

I am currently thinking of going for Sputnik V in Russia.
It's deeply political for now but I think WHO will add Sputnik V soon. It's similar to AstraZeneca and the medical reasoning for treating Sputnik V worse is basically zero.

But given the choice of a month's vacation in Moscow or Las Vegas right now, neither is a super cheap option so I'd pay the extra and go for Vegas.

All the vaccine tourism ads i saw in banners are "all" scam :( Is it really possible?
  • Serbia? Not any more it seems
  • Russia? Still looks OK.
  • UAE? Looks OK if you spend $10k on residence
  • USA? Depends on which state (more and more are opening up to non residents)
There is also talk of Maldives "vaccine on arrival" to boost tourism.

UK will take you if you're an illegal immigrant but not if you're a non resident citizen (I feel overcharged for my passport now lol).

Reactions: troubled soul
There is also talk of Maldives "vaccine on arrival" to boost tourism.
I just googled after your post: The Maldives has pursued a “3-V” strategy encouraging tourists to “visit, vaccinate, and vacation.” This will provide a “more convenient” way to visit, the Maldives tourism minister told CNBC.

And that is the last news four weeks ago. I guess not happened yet. It may be cheaper than UAE's $10K. But i just check the total population of the island, it's less than 400K :) How they will supply the vaccines while most of the world is not vaccinated yet? It's trading and what about WHO?

@cp74 I said "talked about". But seriously if they can get their hands on some vaccine then it's going to be easier to have some left over for tourists when the population is so small.

The US situation is slightly different, there are plenty of Southern states where the takeup is low.

Israel, UK, UAE, US and Chile have done well. So has Hungary, but we should probably avoid the politics in case any pro-EU folk get triggered.

Reactions: cp74
I'd take Cyprus if things change. I have UK and EU citizenship. UK specifically excludes me but if EU decides that all EU states should vaccinate non-resident citizens of other EU states then that would be a nice cheap month's vacation.
Well, your specific situation opens an additional option.
Let's take Cyprus for example: EU/EEA citizens can reside there without much formality. In order to be an official resident you need to register your Cypriot residential address and will receive the so-called "yellow slip" (MEU1). MEU1 is the temporary resident permit, basically just a piece of paper. In order to get that you do need a 1-year-lease. Since, as a temporary resident, you are not entitled to GHS/GeSY you then have to contact the Cypriot Ministry of Health which will arrange for your vaccination outside of GHS/GeSY. After you received the vaccine you should cancel your rental contract and deregister as a local resident. It requires a flexible landlord.
This is an interesting read (bureaucracy at its best!): ‘We’re second-class citizens’ say non-Gesy members | Cyprus Mail

we should probably avoid the politics in case any pro-EU folk get triggered.

Cant Even Star Wars GIF by LEGO

Reactions: khinkali
@Bagpacker yes it would be a hassle to get residency in EU for vaccine, and if doing that there are countries with stronger rollout. If going for a trip right now, USA would be my top choice.

At some point, EU might decide that all EU citizens should be treated equally with local residents. Then it's a no-brainer. Or wait a bit longer for a "vaccine for tourists" offering once some tourism dependent nation has oversupply. Perhaps UAE or Israel will get there before EU.

Norwegian travel agency which offers trips to Russia for Sputnik V seems to be legit.
Yes and their site gives a decent roadmap for someone wanting to do it themselves.

If going for a trip right now, USA would be my top choice.
Yes, it is now available to everyone for free -- to the point that they now provide it to children, who do not need it. In fact, a healthy teenager (an athlete) recently developed multiple brain clots after a dose. Good luck with that.

A Utah teen remains hospitalized with three blood clots in and near his brain that developed after he received the first dose of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine.

In the U.S., polls show that at least 25% of the population will not take the vaccine. The fact that 75% will take the vaccine shows how Joe Biden was elected President.

Reactions: CoffeeExpert
Yes, it is now available to everyone for free -- to the point that they now provide it to children, who do not need it. In fact, a healthy teenager (an athlete) recently developed multiple brain clots after a dose. Good luck with that.
agree, this is not something you want to gamble with.

San Marino for Sputnik vaccine.
I checked on this. At least for now there won't be too many people taking up this offer. Entry restrictions Useful information about COVID-19 are confusing at best. Combine that with the strict measures Italy has in place. Result: Non-EU/EEA-residents are unable to go there.
Since the vaccine rollout in EU/EEA appears to gain steam they won't even have many people from there: San Marino requires to book a hotel for a minimum of three nights per jab (= 6 nights in San Marino on two separate trips) with a one-week-notice period for each visit.

Last edited:
I gambled the other side. I am 50 and healthy and got Covid. 2 weeks in I was not recovering had to be taken to hospital for 1 week. Hopefully getting dismissed tomorrow. Imo the vaccine has way less risks associated but each to their own.
The other thing to consider is the state of the hospital system in any vaccine tourism country, and your health coverage there, should you suffer an adverse event from the vaccine. Adverse events (not to be confused with temporary side effects) are far more common than people know, because of the media's complicity in keeping such news stories quiet (at least in the U.S.).

Fortunately, in the U.S. the public has access to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). While such reporting is entirely voluntary, it provides a glimpse into what is really happening. This allows public watchdogs to publish information for those who care about their health.

I have international health insurance. Still I rather have some of the side effects of vaccine, than the s**t I have been through for 3 weeks. I thought I could take covid like Trump and get on with it after 1 week. Than there is long covid topics, when you read those that does not make you happy either.
You could have avoided the worst side effects by simply taking several grams of vitamin C every two hours until the symptoms sudsided. By the vaccine companies' own admissions, the vaccines do not prevent transmission or contraction of the virus. In fact, about 60% of new COVID cases are from vaccinated people. The only thing that the vaccines do is lessen the severity of the symptoms. You can do that very effectively by simply using particular herbs and vitamins.

BTW: If you became that sick from COVID while at age 50, you are likely in one of three categories: (1) very overweight, (2) have an underlying health condition that you do not know about, or (3) have some serious micronutrient deficiencies. You can read about that last category here:

There are many indications that micronutrient deficiencies — including deficiencies of vitamin D and vitamin B1 — may make some individuals vulnerable to COVID and its complications.

You should get some blood tests done for those essential micronutrients. It might also alert you to any underlying health condition that you do not know about.

Last edited:
None of the above. Not overweight, I excersice daily and eat loads of fruit and veggies, meats. I just got it bad, however recovering well. I have even people state allergies and pollen. I have never suffered from that either. My wife had a bad week and she got over it. I flighted it for 12 days and then my body gave in, bloodoxygenlevels just dropped too low. But fingers crossed I will be out tomorrow.

Latest Threads