Our valued sponsor

where to invest 50k eur?

in a very tight spot, i have an extra 50k i want to invest in a brand new business in eastern europe (bulgaria or tirkey) and while it might not be a lot in the west to start a business its a good amount here, any suggestion is appreicated
Why those two locations?

Are you asking for business ideas you can start yourself with 50k euros as start-up capital? Or are you wanting to invest in someone else's business?

Go with FBA, the budget is right to start
sorry but what is fba? im confused
Why those two locations?

Are you asking for business ideas you can start yourself with 50k euros as start-up capital? Or are you wanting to invest in someone else's business?
because i travel back and forth between the two and am comfortable working in any of the 2, like i know the law and where to turn when i need help and so on, its not brand new countries ive never been to before

asking for a business idea i can start myself

sorry but what is fba? im confused

because i travel back and forth between the two and am comfortable working in any of the 2, like i know the law and where to turn when i need help and so on, its not brand new countries ive never been to before

asking for a business idea i can start myself
FBA is Fulfillment by Amazon.

So you get stock of products, list them on Amazon yourself and send them to Amazon which stores them in one of their warehouses. When an order comes in, Amazon fulfils it.

I have never done it, but all I see is people educating others on how to do it, rather than it being their main source of income. so it wouldn't be my first port of call, but I assume there are still opportunities.

Nobody is going to come up with any business ideas for you, though. How can we? It is impossible. Anyone with a good idea would just do it themselves rather than tell you about it. Plus, other than the fact you're lazy, given the low-effort nature of the original post, we know zero about your skills or what you can do.

Yes and
Of course, they aren't going to see someone making good money and just ignore it.
You need to use Amazon in the proper way, and spend money on ads. It can be learned with trial and error, no need to pay any guru.
Bulgaria and Turkey have low manufacturing costs, so OP could source products there (instead of China) and make a good profit without too much logistical hassle.

Bulgaria and Turkey have low manufacturing costs, so OP could source products there (instead of China) and make a good profit without too much logistical hassle.
That would be a very clever way of getting around China. You will need to have people on place to do such business or don't you ?

Reactions: jafo
Nobody is going to come up with any business ideas for you, though. How can we? It is impossible. Anyone with a good idea would just do it themselves rather than tell you about it.
Solid answer! More people need to face reality!

Amazon is collecting data from its seller.
Should your product there be really successfull you can be sure to get kicked out and replaced by amazon directly
100% this!

Funny story. A supplier of mine in Yiwu "scammed" Amazon this way. He sold on Amazon and had the supply shipped by the manufacturer, who was his "wife" rof/% Amazon bought out the wife's factory with all the inventory. rof/%

My supplier made bank! It was a low 8-digit deal. After the deal, the two got married rof/%

PS. I warned them NOT to travel overseas though!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dnb
Solid answer! More people need to face reality!

100% this!

Funny story. A supplier of mine in Yiwu "scammed" Amazon this way. He sold on Amazon and had the supply shipped by the manufacturer, who was his "wife" rof/% Amazon bought out the wife's factory with all the inventory. rof/%

My supplier made bank! It was a low 8-digit deal. After the deal, the two got married rof/%

PS. I warned them NOT to travel overseas though!
Sorry but, where is the “scam”?

Sorry but, where is the “scam”?
I think you are joking, but I'll bite rof/%
The seller set up their business KNOWING upfront that AMZN will circumvent them, so his girlfriend "owned" the factory on paper. He started pushing the product on AMZN, AliExpress, eBay, etc knowing that someone (most probably AMZN) was going to "steal his lifeline".

They made a prediction based on AMZN's past behavior and it worked out beautifully for them. Kind of like this story:
How Charlie Javice Got JPMorgan to Pay $175 Million for … What Exactly?

And they did it way before this girl did it too. ;)

Hence, my advice to them: Don't travel abroad. ;)

Reactions: dnb
I think you are joking, but I'll bite rof/%
The seller set up their business KNOWING upfront that AMZN will circumvent them, so his girlfriend "owned" the factory on paper. He started pushing the product on AMZN, AliExpress, eBay, etc knowing that someone (most probably AMZN) was going to "steal his lifeline".

They made a prediction based on AMZN's past behavior and it worked out beautifully for them. Kind of like this story:
How Charlie Javice Got JPMorgan to Pay $175 Million for … What Exactly?

And they did it way before this girl did it too. ;)

Hence, my advice to them: Don't travel abroad. ;)
Genuine question, unfortunely the link to nyt is behind a paywall.
So they pushed a product (I guess with a good advertisement investment, most probably way beyond the EUR 50K as the op posted) waiting for amzn to make an offer to buy the factory due to the high selling rate in the marketplace. Am I right or I missed something?

Reactions: jafo
So they pushed a product (I guess with a good advertisement investment, most probably way beyond the EUR 50K as the op posted) waiting for amzn to make an offer to buy the factory due to the high selling rate in the marketplace. Am I right or I missed something?
That is correct! I'll ask him later how much he invested, but I think he told me ¥150K in total. From beginning to end.

PS. When speaking to China/Chinese I NEVER EVER mention EUR, USD, GBP, CHF etc. That's opening the Pandora's box. It's like going to Brazil and referring to everything in terms of dollars or euros. You'll be in for a real treat! This is NOT a joke! I speak in terms of Yuan. I'm unfamiliar with ANY other currency! As they say in Spanish: Desconozco!

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroKiss
Just spoke to him! It was a few Yuans less than ¥140K.

PS. A lot of things are really cheap in China for the Chinese. ;)

i still don't follow what did he spend ¥140K on?
how did he create fake traffic (purchases)? who was buying on his behalf? how many accounts he had to have?
He had a real product! Spent about US$20K (¥140K) on raw materials and whatnot. He told me all the details, but frankly, my Chinese is NOT that fluent and he was so excited and speaking so fast, I didn't have the heart to interrupt him to make him repeat it. Basically, they automated the assembly of some other products into 4 completely different finished products. He came up with the idea when he heard and read how AMZN screwed his previous clients. He and his wife did sourcing for foreign buyers. Some of these foreign buyers outsourced his services to find them a product, purchase it, pack it, and ship it to their FBA account.

He had an army of "buyers" all over the world, probably Chinese, buying products off AMZN and ALiExpress etc etc. I know he referred to them as Wumao!
Wumao ¥½ = US$0.07

Reactions: JohnnyDoe

Latest Threads