Our valued sponsor

Where to live with max 0-5% total tax

What is it like to live in Bahamas? I don't trust and rely on all information on the web though it seems to be sometimes rough (criminal activities, "over the hill"). Could you give us more information as a resident? US foreign affairs websites almost write this about any country.
yeah that would be interesting... @Martin Everson you mentioned you live there as well? are you all using a bulletproof vest and drive bulletproof cars there?

yeah that would be interesting... @Martin Everson you mentioned you live there as well? are you all using a bulletproof vest and drive bulletproof cars there?

Lol...no not at all. Petty crime does happen and so does violent crime but tends to affect locals mostly in poor areas more than expats. Expats tend to live in areas and communities where crime is almost non-existent. Issues tend to be focused around Nassau. If you live in a gated community or a less populated part of Bahamas you are fine. Bahamas is around 3000 island/islets so you have choice. Paradise Island would be my choice of place to live ;).

Why you can't live in any country you wish to without having local bank or any ties with the country? Just pay all your expenses with foreign credit cards. I know people living like this for years without any problem.

This is interesting, can you tell more about this? What amounts these people are spending x month? I fear that sooner or later the home gov will find them, for that reason I try to stay on the safe path despite I travel constantly (every 3 months). But I could be wrong of course so it would be great to know more :)

But Andorra has 10 % income tax?
Yes Andorra has 10% income tax. But that does not mean you pay 10% tax.

First of all a couple has 40K taxfree allowance, there are great deductions to be had as well. For residents, there are heavily subsidised schools, ski passes, gyms, kids daycare etc.

Passive residents need on paper to stay a minimum of 90 days. You become a tax resident when you stay 183 days. The area in the middle is normally tax-free if you can prove you pay some tax elsewhere.

Residents of Andorra are not taxed on company income from abroad, where a DTA does not exist, as long as that company is taxed at 4% or higher.

If I have a company in Cyprus which owns stocks and bonds, and gets dividends from these stocks, I don't pay taxes on these dividends, right?
But if I live (say) in France, do I need to pay taxes on these dividends in France?

Please start a new thread for this question.

Reactions: erni
So,
living in Thailand, company in Gibraltar, generating passive income to bank accounts outside Thailand. No tax is paid.

I want and have an option to move anywhere I want.

I don't want to live in Asia anymore,
I don't to move to some Caribbean island to retire and die of boredom just not to pay tax.
I mainly can't but also do not desire living in Muslim country - no offense.

Interested in Europe area.

the main problem is that all places that are considered normal and got some active life, like Budapest for example, got relatively high taxation and a lot of beurocracy in general regarding income. Reporting, accounting, auditing, registrations and allot of questions so on.

So the question that probably don't have a good answer but still worth picking your brain about:

Is there a country that have a low income / dividend tax (even as a sole trader like in Ukraine but with higher limit than 250k) , have active European lifestyle, and a peace of mind that is worth moving to for long term?

Thanks for the input
Hi
If you are tax resident in Slovakia you pay 0% tax of all gambling, lottery, bet and similar games winnings. If you buy Eurojackpot lottery ticket and win you have it all.
All gambling companies which want to do business in Slovakia needs license though. BUT if you win abroad and the company has a license similar to slovakian your winnings are legit and tax free even that company does not have license in Slovakia.
So find a country with minimal regulation of gambling licensing, incorporate your company there and you can send unlimited money to your personal account. Maybe you can do it right now with your Gibraltar company.

Reactions: blizz
Mauritius : french/english spoken
Remittance basis scheme.
No capital gain tax even if remitted.
Lots of residency programs (investor, self-employed, retiree, real estate investors, visa premium)

Same climate and way of life than lots of caraibbean islands (where I lived too) but with differences :
- cost of living not really high (food, real estate, services)
- mauritians are generally "friendly" even with foreigners
- lots of expats (frenchs, britishs, south africans...) and therefore european shops/products
- lots of different cultures and religions
- medium island, not a tiny island like St-Barth or Malta (where I lived too)
- hurricane risk lower than caraibbean islands
- safer even if there is a big gap between richs and poors like in the caribbean too

main disadvantage: far from all (europe, asia, america)

Remittance basis scheme.
Lots of residency programs (investor, self-employed, retiree, real estate investors, visa premium)

Same climate and way of life than lots of caraibbean islands (where I lived too) but with differences :
- lots of expats (frenchs, britishs, south africans...) and therefore european shops/products
- safer even if there is a big gap between richs and poors like in the caribbean too

They also have a digital nomad visa I have read. Can you elaborate on remitance scheme.

Reactions: troubled soul
remitance basis: you are not taxed on your worlwide income if not remitted in Mauritius.

The digital nomad visa is new and called "premium visa" (and not only focused on digital nomads).

Retiree for +50 years old, very low requirements.

Real estate Investor 375k usd.

... more requirements for sel-employed and investors permits.

Last edited:
Reactions: seabreeze
Remittance basis scheme.

not bad, but you need to be in Mauritius, by chance you know how complicated it is to establish yourself in Mauritius? I mean average costs housing, electricity, living etc.?

not very complicated (self-employed) if it's in IT sector for instance.
Now it's easier with the premium visa.

For the cost of living, see examples here: Cost of Living in Mauritius

but it depends on several factors (expat areas in the north are more expensive, international schools, european food...).

For housing rentals you have more choices in Mauritius than Malta for instance. Unfortunately for investments, it's limited for foreigners.

not very complicated (self-employed) if it's in IT sector for instance.
Now it's easier with the premium visa.

For the cost of living, see examples here: Cost of Living in Mauritius

but it depends on several factors (expat areas in the north are more expensive, international schools, european food...).

For housing rentals you have more choices in Mauritius than Malta for instance. Unfortunately for investments, it's limited for foreigners.
Do you have any relashionship to Mauritius or do you live there now? Sounds interesting after all.

remitance basis: you are not taxed on your worlwide income if not remitted in Mauritius.

The digital nomad visa is new and called "premium visa" (and not only focused on digital nomads).

Retiree for +50 years old, very low requirements.

Real estate Investor 375k usd.

... more requirements for sel-employed and investors permits.
how long do you have to stay in Mauritius to be considered tax resident with this premium visa ?

Latest Threads