Our valued sponsor

Where to place my holding company, jurisdiction?

alley

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have read lots and lot's about to register a Holding company and place it paramount for my entire corporate structure.

We have business activities in all areas online doing great. I'm in the planning phase to get it all structured and considering even a Trust to be paramount but some say the structure should start with a trading company, holding company and then a trust in the TOP, do you agree?

I would really like to have some sort of advise here since I'm not certain about all aspects in this setup and what actually my options are?

Important for me is also to know what you think is the best offshore jurisdiction for placing my holding company (if offshore at all) do you think it is important which jurisdiction I choose? are there up's and down's depending on where I register the holding company?

Where do you plan to have your trading company located? that's important because sometimes you can have benefits to locate your holding company in an jurisdiction that has tax benefits.

Reactions: alley
Look at the agreements the different countries have with each other. For instant I know from Admin that Cyprus has an arrangement with the Seychelles and for that reason it makes sense to have a holding company in the Seychelles if your trading business is in Cyprus.

This must be the case for many onshore / offshore jurisdictions around.

Seychelles vs Cyprus model seems to work really great. I have made some research yesterday aproaching almost any firm in Cyprus to ask what's the best setup similar to yours there. You have to learn about taxation between Cyprus and Seychelles to understand all of it.

Where do you plan to have your trading company located? that's important because sometimes you can have benefits to locate your holding company in an jurisdiction that has tax benefits.
Thank you Admin, very helpful. We started the incorporation of our business in Cyprus since it's worldwide covering and we need something flexible then we get convince it was the best for us to do.

Seychelles vs Cyprus model seems to work really great. I have made some research yesterday aproaching almost any firm in Cyprus to ask what's the best setup similar to yours there. You have to learn about taxation between Cyprus and Seychelles to understand all of it.
Yes this is also what our agent told us. Establishing a Holding Company in the Seychelles and then the Cyprus company formation... we are just waiting with the Seychelles corp. for now to see how it will go with the business.

Look at the agreements the different countries have with each other. For instant I know from Admin that Cyprus has an arrangement with the Seychelles and for that reason it makes sense to have a holding company in the Seychelles if your trading business is in Cyprus.

This must be the case for many onshore / offshore jurisdictions around.
Yes! I did so and it seems when you choose a Cyprus trading company you best option to avoid tax on dividend, Royalty's and others is to register a Seychelles holding company once we get so far. But thanks for your input anyway.

Latest Threads