Our valued sponsor

Where to start a software/web3 developer office?

ronthecry

Feb 23, 2023
Norway
Visit site
We are launching a Token through an SPV entity.
We also need a developer company that will do the development for the Token and some other web/web3 projects for future growth.

The company can not be in our main residency which is in Scandinavia.

The developer company will establish a real physicall presence where we will hire a functional management/director.

I will own the company and at the current time, I do not plan to move. Might move in the future. (Convincing my wife is not that easy).

We will also invest in bitcoin mining in the form of hash rate or equipment with hosting deals and possibly other investments. That can be done from the same company, or we will do that from another entity in the same country so we can use the same team to have a physical presence.

Where should we look?
If it is ok to travel to is a plus, but don't have to be in the EU.

Why not, and which of the Scandinavian countries is it? if it is Denmark, you are on troubled water here!

Let us know which country in Scandinavia you live in; it somewhat depends on the answer.

As a general response, I would look at what other requirements you have. Does the company need to be credible, or does it not matter?

Do you need to have employees in that company, an office, and what about taxes, does that play a role?

Why not, and which of the Scandinavian countries is it? if it is Denmark, you are on troubled water here!
Due to VAT treatment, the service/hashrate/hosting needs to be delivered as a remote service across borders. Not in Denmark, in Norway.
Let us know which country in Scandinavia you live in; it somewhat depends on the answer.
Norway
As a general response, I would look at what other requirements you have. Does the company need to be credible, or does it not matter?
Well. Credibility is a plus for the potential growth of the business to other projects. But atm optimization for existing structures is more important.
Do you need to have employees in that company, an office, and what about taxes, does that play a role?
Yes, this is important. So costs of developers, offices and taxes matter. I plan to be there for around 1/4 of my time until I have established trustworthy management/director.

Due to VAT treatment, the service/hashrate/hosting needs to be delivered as a remote service across borders. Not in Denmark, in Norway.
You want to avoid VAT ?

good, they are not as aggressive yet.

Well. Credibility is a plus for the potential growth of the business to other projects. But atm optimization for existing structures is more important.
If that is the case UK LTD front company and if you have a good Budget Bulgaria setup with office and staff - cheap and worth to look into it.

Overall I think Bulgaria would for now fit perfectly. As far as I read Romania is doing lots of tax restructuring so I don't know, Bullgard (Antivirus) has their development department i Romania, but that's for centuries by now!

You want to avoid VAT ?
No, for that I have to move the hash rate out of the EU. But to be able to file for the deductible on the bought computing power.
good, they are not as aggressive yet.

If that is the case UK LTD front company and if you have a good Budget Bulgaria setup with office and staff - cheap and worth to look into it.
I will look into Bulgaria! Seems promising. Thank you!

The UK front company with a Romanian subsidiary/daughter company? Are there any benefits besides credibility? And what are the benefits of using a UK front company instead of Norwegian?
Overall I think Bulgaria would for now fit perfectly. As far as I read Romania is doing lots of tax restructuring so I don't know, Bullgard (Antivirus) has their development department i Romania, but that's for centuries by now!
I have been reading up on Romania, and that was my conclusion also.

I recommend keeping bitcoin investments separate from your token venture to mitigate risk. Malta is favorable for token launches and crypto exchanges due to its crypto-friendly legislation. Lithuania could also be a viable option for your needs.
We are launching a Token through an SPV entity.
We also need a developer company that will do the development for the Token and some other web/web3 projects for future growth.

The developer company will establish a real physicall presence where we will hire a functional management/director.

I will own the company and at the current time, I do not plan to move. Might move in the future. (Convincing my wife is not that easy).

We will also invest in bitcoin mining in the form of hash rate or equipment with hosting deals and possibly other investments. That can be done from the same company, or we will do that from another entity in the same country so we can use the same team to have a physical presence.

Where should we look?
If it is ok to travel to is a plus, but don't have to be in the EU.