Our valued sponsor

Which countries don't have public UBO registers?

Again, the problem is not if a company in Canada, USA or Vanuatu is private and don't discloses UBO's. The problem is that when you signup in an EMI or for a Bank account, you'll have to disclose that details on UBO and they are who, in fact, will report you to your country
Hmm....luckily our good friends at tax terrorism dot com helped us out with that.

1588798688686.png

You are going to have to hire people to be representatives before the bank for you to open the accounts. Get the card and details, transfer the money, into accounts elsewhere or vaults or near liquid assets like gold or trusts. Also getting a 2nd citizenship in a low or no tax jurisdiction would be helpful.

Hmm....luckily our good friends at tax terrorism dot com helped us out with that.

View attachment 1430

You are going to have to hire people to be representatives before the bank for you to open the accounts. Get the card and details, transfer the money, into accounts elsewhere or vaults or near liquid assets like gold or trusts. Also getting a 2nd citizenship in a low or no tax jurisdiction would be helpful.

Very Interesting. But...when signing up at EMI's or Banks, who declares to be the UBO?

Very Interesting. But...when signing up at EMI's or Banks, who declares to be the UBO?
One of your fall dummies in the chart I'd suppose. Probably 20%. He is owning 20% after all.

This reminds me of another semi-related discussion. I have some jewish relatives from the other side, good people. And one of his relatives who was good in business told me, never own more than 20% of a business. I thought he was crazy then, because he was like 70, but now he might be on to something. Lets just call him adam.

When you own and control 100% of a business, whenever there is a problem you have a problem and have to go run to fix it. This guy owned a radio station and ice cream shops. He said when the DJs would smoke weed, he'd have to run down their to stop them. When lightning hit the station because of the broadcast, he'd have to go run to replace parts. When guest trashed the rooms, he had to go clean it up or get cleanup crews and replacement equipment. When pest were in the fields and the grass had to be mowed, he had to fix all that. If someone quit he had to go chase their replacement. If an advertiser pulled out or there was a complaint, he had to go fix it before his license got pulled or the advertisers pulled out, etc. You get the idea. One night kids snuck in and vandalized the place writing seig heil and heil hitler and swastikas all over the radio station. He had to run to clean it up quickly and hire professional cleaners. If the payroll wasn't submitted on time it was he who faced all the penalties, if the taxes were messed up it was he who'd go to jail. If the ice cream machine shut down or a manager quit etc. it was all on him to go wake up that morning and call vendors.

He had a partner who had basically paid him $200k for 20% of the business a few years ago. Lets call him David. Adam figured it was a good deal because it was basically a no interest loan for $100k that would only be paid back if Adam made money. He didn't even have to personally guarantee any assets. He was making about $300k after the salary he took from the 2 businesses combined pre-tax. Adam still had final say, control, power over everything and beyond his agreed salary, whenever there was a distribution/dividend he had to give David 20%.

The way he saw it was the other guy got paid 20% a year to sleep in bed. And he had to have all the stress and got 80%. He then copied that guys business model.

because i read some wrong information about Seychelles Offshore / IBC and would like to make it clear, there NON public registers in Seychelles, not UBO, not shareholder not directors!
but there is a non public list at FSA for directors, but nobody get them. the only thing to get names of director are to apply with IBC no. and IBC name for one company.
you cant apply for a complete list btw.

Reactions: Btraveler
Some people considered to simply use nominees, homeless mexican, poor people in the baltic countries or similar to hide your identity? you can pick up someone of these guys, give him 500 euro, some nice and clean clothes and take him with you in the bank and tell him to sign whatever they say.

Pretty easy and fun.
This was my plan, but the offshore lawyer explained to me, I'd run into problems when the homeless UBO is asked by the bank to provide documents/proof/explanation of how they obtained the wealth to setup any account. What happens when the banks says ok Homeless mexican, show me your tax returns of last 2 years?

Reactions: Btraveler
This was my plan, but the offshore lawyer explained to me, I'd run into problems when the homeless UBO is asked by the bank to provide documents/proof/explanation of how they obtained the wealth to setup any account. What happens when the banks says ok Homeless mexican, show me your tax returns of last 2 years?
You can probably falsify that, since in most jurisdiction it's not possible to verify a tax return independently. Just take your own tax return and change the numbers around. Make sure it adds up. The same can be done with a CV or academic credentials.

However, a bigger problem is repeat KYC. What do you do in 1, 2, or 3 years when the bank asks for updated KYC? Hopefully your nominee UBO is still around. Most likely, you're putting an expiration date on your business.

Anything. Banks are not limited in what they ask for.

Recent proof of address, recent certified copy of passport, recent copy of passport with apostille, recent second ID document (ID card, driver's license, residence permit), recent selfie with passport, and so on.

I'm not saying it will for sure happen. I'm saying you're risking your entire business on this either not happening or happening and you being able to satisfy the bank.

Reactions: rowena and boomy
But if Smith wants to obscure his income or property ownership, he can easily create corporate structures across various jurisdictions to make it much more difficult to identify his ownership. 5 © IDB & OECD 2019 Figure 2. Economic Activity through a Complex System of Legal Vehicles The longer the chain of entities between a legal vehicle (in our example, Company A and its BO, John Smith), and the more jurisdictions the entities span, the harder it is to identify the BO, given the need to determine who controls each of the layers.

While Privacy isn't dead I would say Privacy with reliable retail banking is almost dead.

Use the previoius suggestions with nominee and whatever in the company strusturce and you will see how you end up when it comes to the banking.

Cyprus introduce UBO registrar soon so anyway nominees are pretty much useless:

Same goes for the US - not a law yet but sooner then later it's reality:

For now the UAE is last man standing when it comes to privacy with retail banking and even here it's very difficult to open for a company that has no straight forward shareholder structure.

Seychelles has a UBO registry which not available to the public - the UBO information need to be filed with the FIU until 1 May 2021.
And then again - retail banking anyone?

Banks in Mauritius are nowadays very picky when it comes to Seychelles.

Only option is to bank with EMI from UK/Lithuania that limits you most likely to EUR SEPA only.