Our valued sponsor

Which Jurisdictions most hidden & not sensitive to court orders etc.?

brimstone

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys.

1. Which Jurisdictions are the hardest to reveal company info?
2. And in cases where company info has been revealed, which jurisdictions have the most "protection".( Basically ignoring court orders / subpoena's from the US and EU?)

Why I'm asking: In this case the company activities could possibly "piss off" people/companies and they might want to take legal action. It needs to be impossible to do so.

Reactions: PaulKruger
1 important detail I forgot to mention. This company needs to have a bank account and receive wires in and outside EU & US. So the clients wont have issue's sending wires.

You just made your life a lot harder, as most secretive/uncooperative jurisdictions are on black lists which make it very hard to open bank accounts. Maybe you are lucky with Transferwise.

Can you do it? yes, but you'd better have a sound business plan and compensate your lack of transparency with excess of liquidity.

There are plenty of ways and the people here will suggest this or that setup. As you add complexity to your structure remind yourself it's always a trade-off and you can't have it all - anonymity, ease of doing business, low taxes, full protection against lawsuits, etc.

Without knowing the details of what you want to do in your business and the concessions you're willing to make it's hard to say what's the best for you, but do your homework before embarking in this journey, and try to start simple and build from there.

Yep that is what I was afraid for.

Would there be another way to have a good banking setup and also some kind of anonymous company setup. Something that comes pretty close to offshore and is hard to crack

I would advice you to do extensive research before setting up your company.
I'm the owner of a company in a blacklisted country and finding a bank (without going dark) is next to mission impossible. Admittedly, the company is also involved in high risk activities so we made it a lot harder for ourselves than necessary.

What are the business activities may I ask? You can pm if you don't want to share publicly.

I would find a very good and reliable lawyer in the UAE who may be able to help you with a setup that can stand against such liabilities. You want to travel there to find something that will work for you.

how do you open a bank account for a Cook Islands company?

I don't know where you could do so nor how difficult it would be. Likely not easy. Just an observation, I explicitly mentioned a Trust, not a company, because that's what Cook Islands is globally famous for. I guess that in some structures the trust doesn't necessarily need a bank account (for holding real estate, art, IP, etc.) and might use companies below it to manage finances. But other members in the forum can confirm.

Is there a valid agent you can suggest for the company formation in Cook Islands, link or contact details please? nai¤%
This isn't a recommendation, but if you start digging into Cook Islands, you'll probably find that Southpac is the leading provider there. While for example both Asiaciti and Portcullis are in Cook Islands, Southpac has a very strong presence in Cook Islands and are very well connected.

Again, not a recommendation. Just sharing an observation.

Why I'm asking: In this case the company activities could possibly "piss off" people/companies and they might want to take legal action. It needs to be impossible to do so.
I've been looking for something similar. If you want a bank account and especially if you want to connect to online payment systems it basically does not seem to be possible *without* an expensive structure which would imply profits of mid 6 figures to be worth while.

I hope I am wrong, but the more I read, the more it seems to be the case nowadays

it is complicated as hell not an easy task as some here say it is. You need to try and fail a few times before you will succeed with all of this. I was hammering my head against the wall many times during the process!

1 important detail I forgot to mention. This company needs to have a bank account and receive wires in and outside EU & US. So the clients wont have issue's sending wires.
Forget it, if you have a bank inbetween you can go after the bank if you can't get the details from the company registry. You need to re-think your plans.

Latest Threads