Our valued sponsor

Which non-CRS country would you recommend for a bank account ?

It's a shrinking list of countries and even if you open an account today in a non-CRS country, you're not guaranteed that there won't be retroactive reporting once they finally do sign up.

No country is actively fighting against OECD on the CRS/AEOI initiative. That ship has sailed. The momentum is too great now.

Countries that haven't signed up yet have simply not been a priority yet. It'll all be done within the next 10 years.

It's a shrinking list of countries and even if you open an account today in a non-CRS country, you're not guaranteed that there won't be retroactive reporting once they finally do sign up.

No country is actively fighting against OECD on the CRS/AEOI initiative. That ship has sailed. The momentum is too great now.

Countries that haven't signed up yet have simply not been a priority yet. It'll all be done within the next 10 years.
Do corporate accounts also fall under this CRS deal?

This non-CRS topic is pointless. All countries will sign up for it and report back dates.
You have to find other ways to structure your business and personal matters.

USA is not a part of CRS.

Anyway, if you do genuine business with substance in foreign country like UK , USA, Estonia, there should be no problem of CRS.

Hiding assets in personal accounts and not reporting to tax authorities will end up you in jail, except if you live in tax heaven like Bahamas or UAE

Last edited:
This non-CRS topic is pointless. All countries will sign up for it and report back dates.
You have to find other ways to structure your business and personal matters.

USA is not a part of CRS.

Anyway, if you do genuine business with substance in foreign country like UK , USA, Estonia, there should be no problem of CRS.

Hiding assets in personal accounts and not reporting to tax authorities will end up you in jail, except if you live in tax heaven like Bahamas or UAE
Exactly.

If you need secrecy, your underlying problem is incompatible with the world we live in today. Non-CRS is a very risky "solution".

If you're worried about tax, focus on getting residence in a country with a friendlier tax climate. If you can't, then you need to look into local options or simply suck it up and accept your situation and that local laws apply to you.

What else will happen within 10 years?
At least nine more years will pass. Mark my words.

The only “country” that will never sign up is Northern Cyprus , they don’t even care where the money is coming from .. I just answered my own question :)
It's not because TRNC is actively fighting against it. It's because they (somewhat similar to Taiwan) can't enter into international agreements due to limited recognition.

If/when enough bad money has moved to TRNC and it becomes a higher profile jurisdiction, the likes of OECD, FATF-GAFI, and Moneyval will simply pressure Turkey and Turkish banks to report on behalf of TRNC banks since that's how TRNC banks are effectively connected to the outside world. What are they going to do? Say no and risk losing access to USD, EUR, and other international currencies? The Turkish economy is already in a terrible state.

the government owns me money , after 12 years still got nothing back ..so FU.. them , not 1 dollar in taxes I will pay to that inefficient,corrupt system, now it is MY turn
Assuming you have tried all legal avenues (suing the government, suing the tax authority, et cetera) and been unsuccessful, the smarter thing to do would be to relocate to another country first, rather than to become a tax evader and money launderer.

I am not going to put time and energy in going to court etc....too old for that .

By the way , why should an individual pay up to 60% taxes when the biggest corporations by using complex structures and loop holes pay no or only single digit tax rates ?!

now who is the criminal ? (North Cyprus does not extradite criminals :0)

It's not because TRNC is actively fighting against it. It's because they (somewhat similar to Taiwan) can't enter into international agreements due to limited recognition.

If/when enough bad money has moved to TRNC and it becomes a higher profile jurisdiction, the likes of OECD, FATF-GAFI, and Moneyval will simply pressure Turkey and Turkish banks to report on behalf of TRNC banks since that's how TRNC banks are effectively connected to the outside world. What are they going to do? Say no and risk losing access to USD, EUR, and other international currencies? The Turkish economy is already in a terrible state.

Assuming you have tried all legal avenues (suing the government, suing the tax authority, et cetera) and been unsuccessful, the smarter thing to do would be to relocate to another country first, rather than to become a tax evader and money launderer.

Reactions: jafo
Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads