Our valued sponsor

Question Which offshore jurisdiction can I use to be the founder of an offshore foundation?

tradingworldwide321

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Dear readers

I hope you are doing well.

In order to setup offshore foundations, there should be a founder, a board management and beneficiary. Of course this can be different in other jurisdictions, anyways.

Let's focus now on my question.

The founder can be an individual person or corporate person, in simple words: your full name and your address OR your company name and its address.

Now, I would like to protect my name so it doesn't show in the Public Register because it is public also I don't want to use another individual's name. So I think the best I could do is to incorporate an offshore company where this one will be the founder of the offshore foundation.

So, which offshore jurisdiction would fit for this only activity and how can I explain it when doing the article of associations? Is this a company managment or do you call it? Also, the offshore company should not disclose director and shareholder names as well.

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Hello,

Foundations in Mauritius allow the founder to be a body corporate.

If the objective is to keep your identity private, you can set up an offshore company with nominee shareholder and nominee director and that way your name would not actually be present anywhere. Mauritius does have such a company - the Authorised Company (minimum of only 1 shareholder and 1 director). This Company can then be the Founder of your Foundation.
hypothetical question: what would happen if that company gets liquidated? (the company which is the founder of the foundation)

Latest Threads