Our valued sponsor

Whisky - small investment

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Good friend and trusted business partner of mine is leaving Europe next year for good and exiting some of the investments in the EU. In case anyone is interested in unique single malt single cask whisky I'm happy to provide basic info and pass the contact. Optionally the whole thing comes with dormant EU company holding the asset, VAT registered, clean history and balance sheet, brief software/consulting history couple of years ago, valid license to trade alcohol, bank accounts, accounting, ready to go the next day.

Reactions: jafo
I don’t understand why you would need a company to hold whisky.
this is obvious... tax reasons

in certain blessed countries one can sell a company (or share) tax free passing the time test (in contrast with 35%+ tax burden if held directly)

and also VAT isn't stuck for years while it's maturing in the cask

Funny that someone tries to present whisky as an asset. I’ve always thought it’s a liability.
I can't argue about this as I don't understand booze whatsoever
which is the reason why I didn't do this personally when it was offered to me years ago

there are clearly pros and cons - pragmatically speaking about 4 years later the same distillery is able to produce comparable cask for 2.5x the price (reflecting rise of gas price, taxes, inflation, ...)