Our valued sponsor

Who is Pavel durov?

Cocopops

Aug 10, 2021
Italy
Visit site
I follow pavel durov and read his posts, and he looks to be such a bad guy. I am wondering how is it possible that telegram stay as a mainstream solution, and how the big corporate groups are not doing all to destroy telegram. So is he an alive honeypot or is he really fighting against our governments? What do you think guys?

I attach one of his post on telegram:

"We generally assume that the world is becoming a better place every year. But when it comes to individual freedoms, the opposite is true. Most studies show humanity is now less free than several years ago.

20 years ago we had decentralized Internet and a relatively unrestricted banking system. Today, Apple and Google censor information and apps on our phones while Visa and Mastercard limit what goods and services we can pay for. Every year we give up more power and control over our lives to a handful of unaccountable corporate executives we didn't elect.

Most of us willingly carry tracking devices – our phones – and allow corporations to use our private data to target us with content that keeps us distracted with low-quality entertainment. Unlike 20 years ago, we are now surrounded by surveillance cameras, which in countries like China use AI to make sure nobody can hide.

In 2017, China overtook the US as the largest economy in the world by purchasing power, showing the world that individual freedoms are not required for economic development. Looking at China's success, more countries become authoritarian, curbing essential human rights such as freedom of speech, movement and assembly.

Who is going to fix it?

The most active and creative minds of our generation are too busy playing in the rapidly shrinking sandbox called "free enterprise" or producing digital content to keep everyone else glued to their devices for longer. The rest seem to be too distracted with the abundance of cheap digital entertainment to critically assess the trend and take action.

Watching this, I wonder what will become the legacy of our generation. Will we go down in history as those who let free societies turn into dystopian nightmares? Or will we be remembered as those who defended the freedoms that previous generations fought so hard to win?"

I follow pavel durov and read his posts, and he looks to be such a bad guy.

Does he seem a bad guy to you or do you suppose he is seen a bad guy by those big corporations and governments?

If you meant the first option I wonder which part of the quoted post you disagree with...

Does he seem a bad guy to you or do you suppose he is seen a bad guy by those big corporations and governments?

If you meant the first option I wonder which part of the quoted post you disagree with...
Sorry my post is not very clear, pavel durov is good guy for me, he is a bad guy for the big corporations and gouvernments.

I follow pavel durov and read his posts, and he looks to be such a bad guy. I am wondering how is it possible that telegram stay as a mainstream solution, and how the big corporate groups are not doing all to destroy telegram. So is he an alive honeypot or is he really fighting against our governments? What do you think guys?

I attach one of his post on telegram:

"We generally assume that the world is becoming a better place every year. But when it comes to individual freedoms, the opposite is true. Most studies show humanity is now less free than several years ago.

20 years ago we had decentralized Internet and a relatively unrestricted banking system. Today, Apple and Google censor information and apps on our phones while Visa and Mastercard limit what goods and services we can pay for. Every year we give up more power and control over our lives to a handful of unaccountable corporate executives we didn't elect.

Most of us willingly carry tracking devices – our phones – and allow corporations to use our private data to target us with content that keeps us distracted with low-quality entertainment. Unlike 20 years ago, we are now surrounded by surveillance cameras, which in countries like China use AI to make sure nobody can hide.

In 2017, China overtook the US as the largest economy in the world by purchasing power, showing the world that individual freedoms are not required for economic development. Looking at China's success, more countries become authoritarian, curbing essential human rights such as freedom of speech, movement and assembly.

Who is going to fix it?

The most active and creative minds of our generation are too busy playing in the rapidly shrinking sandbox called "free enterprise" or producing digital content to keep everyone else glued to their devices for longer. The rest seem to be too distracted with the abundance of cheap digital entertainment to critically assess the trend and take action.

Watching this, I wonder what will become the legacy of our generation. Will we go down in history as those who let free societies turn into dystopian nightmares? Or will we be remembered as those who defended the freedoms that previous generations fought so hard to win?"
I would like to throw in here that telegram seems to be still somewhat of a niche and Apple/Google can and do censor channels which they can do thru their appstores version. Just the webversion is free of censorship.
So in that case, even if, for most endusers telegram poses no threats what so ever to any narrative.

I don't believe he is a solo guy who invented Telegram, I believe it is like many other so called super secret services where 90% of all of them are controlled by the governments.

Just a guy with "pumped" ego. Great vision of market and impressive social skills for sure + deep pockets.
His older borther Nikolai is the brain behind telegram + good old core VK team. Both stand (in the past) behind russian-facebook-copy vk.com, that been "accured" in russian-gangsta style by kremlin backed mail.ru.
Brothers been kicked from mother russia.
Not "Kremlin" agents for sure ))

Last edited:

Latest Threads