Our valued sponsor

Why I don't "stack" at home.

I agree with jafo... I seen this video when it first posted on youtube.....most people that get burglarized are from people that they know or a proxy of a person they know!!!! Sad but true.... I'm always weary of people who asked me my name as the first question or they asked me if I live at home alone....

With precious metals you get jerked almost any way you slice it!! I

1) If you put it in a private vault outside the country you get jerked with yearly storage fees and at some point it's really not worth it.
2) I heard of some places doing the switcheroo especially if they're coins with no serial number!
3) some places can go bankrupt then you're out of luck; like not fully research the laws dealing with foreigners or locals or both in worst case scenarios....
4) some people just plainly run away with it.
5) some places don't give you full value back
6) some places do hypothecation / rehypothecation...
7) some places locals ripoff foreigners...or either foreigners rip off other foreigners...
8) some people know the laws and intricacies of the laws way better than you; especially in their country.
9) a cheap, faulty and inaccurate precious metal verifier.
10) plus there's so many more situations I didn't mention

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
1) If you put it in a private vault outside the country you get jerked with yearly storage fees and at some point it's really not worth it.
depends on how much you store. If you have 1 million worth in Gold and you only pay 500 euro per year for the vault I don't see problems.

Reactions: banafinfodafuggiano
My hand Old Timers know about the various stories of "compromised" safety boxes or vaults out there! I can go on and on about precious metal scams lol ... There's a reason why Dave Ramsey, Suze Orman, and Warren Buffett are not big fans lol... From getting burnt percentage wise from the front end of the deal (premium) and the back end (percentage lower than the spot) of the deal!!!

$500 a yr for a million in gold lol hahaha a lot of places charge you that for a month lol

U forgot other miscellaneous stealth fees, and unforseen problems like types insurance u paid for, types of insurance that's uncovered, VAT, Shipping, them taking a slice when selling it for you, or since ur anonymous and you died guess who gets to keep the gold. Sigh.. because you didn't want anybody to know! U flying there because they're giving you the runaround on the phone or worse the phone number doesn't work anymore... U sue them ...that's more fees and more time wasted.. they know the law better than you, they know the judge and you don't...u get the drift ...... I can go on and on lol
As one of my favorite unfortunate mottos to remember... As soon as you give your money to somebody else it's not really yours anymore! It's better to learn now than the hard way! Anyway at one time Platinum was worth more than gold and believe it or not so was aluminum..... :X. ... And who knows 10 years from now they might find more gold and gold price might go down,..

Me personally I would never buy gold from the dealer.... I rather practice geoarbitrage and dig for it myself or if I'm lazy buy it from a mineworker in different countries of Africa and make sure it's real in 20 plus different verifiable ways!

Reactions: JohnnyDoe and jafo
Private vaults where you simply go by your self and put your own Metals, this is what I did in the past and it works. You have the keys, they don't.
No one else knows about it. And you can write it on your will in case you die so your spouse and children can still get it.

$500 a yr for a million in gold lol hahaha a lot of places charge you that for a month lol
nahhh, not really, one million in Gold does not take much place in an vault.

Reactions: banafinfodafuggiano
Oh it's just about "half of 1%" to about as little over 1 percent (1.25) for your 1 million precious metals to be stored in some vaults ......seems like nothing right lol until u do the math!!!

It's like doubling down on just "one" penny for 31 days and it comes out to approximately 10 million :0

So when you win the lottery and the lawyer asks for just a small 1% fee of your 100 million dollar winnings ......lol I would tell that lawyer ... Homie doesn't play that lol... lottery winners should all pay the same set amount no matter how much they win and I would tell the attorney no hourly fees either lol

nahhh, not really, one million in Gold does not take much place in an vault.
Oh by the way I think you meant the word "space" not place :)

About ten years ago, I joined a forum for coin collecting. It was very interesting. Based in the USA.

They had a section for bullion -Gold, Silver etc.

The people were completely crazy!!!! They were posting photos of their 'stash', i.e all their silver and gold coins, silver and gold bars. Some photos had windows that could give a clue to the location,.

They also discussed how they stored it.

All on the internet! o_O

I often wonder how many still have their 'stash'! :cool:

About ten years ago, I joined a forum for coin collecting. It was very interesting. Based in the USA.

They had a section for bullion -Gold, Silver etc.

The people were completely crazy!!!! They were posting photos of their 'stash', i.e all their silver and gold coins, silver and gold bars. Some photos had windows that could give a clue to the location,.

They also discussed how they stored it.

All on the internet! o_O

I often wonder how many still have their 'stash'! :cool:

Please give us the name of that Gold forum, I need to get me some Gold Asap!

Reactions: Steve3000