Our valued sponsor

Why I need nominee director and shareholder for Seychelles company?

Some may need it while others don't need to appoint a nominee director or shareholder.

For instant if you need a the company to sign any contracts or agreement and you don't want to sign them, then a nominee director can sign it and your name will never appear anywhere. That's just one of the reasons for why people choose a nominee.

Most often the nominee director and shareholder are appointed in the following situations:

1. To sign contracts, agreements and other public document's and in that way avoid the beneficial owner to be visible

2. To hide who is the real shareholder and director of a company if the register of companies is public available.

Above are the main reasons, but not limited to these situations only, there are plenty of reasons to appoint them and also to not ;)

Reactions: benjamin
I use my Nominees in Panama to sign documents for the Seychelles and Panamanian company... My structure is like this; Panama company owns Seychelles company and is also director for the Seychelles company... works pretty good.

I had great benefit from my nominee director in the different offshore companies I own. Everythime I need to sign some agreement my nominee director is doing that! I don't even have a PoA or would even consider to make use of it because my privacy is granted when the nominee signs for the company.

jfk said:
If you don't know that you don't need them...
Not really a useful answer! :attention: Here is some information that outline the use of a Nominee director and shareholder, Offshore Company Forum - Nominee director and shareholder. hope it can be of help to one.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am very interested in your opinion if you feel it is beneficial for me to have a nominee shareholder and/or nominee director for my proposed offshore structure. Here is what I propose:

1. I will create a Seychelles "holding" company. (Are nominee shareholder and/or director necessary or beneficial for this company?)
  2. The Seychelles company will open a corporate bank account. (We'll call this the "holding bank account.)
  3. The Seychelles company will create a Hong Kong company, which will be used for customer-facing operations of the business. (So the director of the HK company will be the Seychelles company. Thus, I don't think nominees would be necessary for this, right?)
  4. The Hong Kong company will open a corporate bank account and merchant account. Would having nominee shareholder and/or director be advantageous to open the bank account and merchant account?

I will work for the HK company as an operations manager, and draw a small salary. (And I will pay local taxes on this personal income.) Company profit will be retained in the HK bank account and then eventually transferred to the "holding" bank account owned by the Seychelles "holding" company. Ultimately, I do not want to be publicly associated as "owner" to any of the above. (If government or anyone asks, I will simply be the operations manager for the HK company.)

Do you think having nominee shareholder and/or nominee directors for the Seychelles company is needed?

I ask this, because it is not required for a Seychelles company to publicly list the Register of Directors and/or the Register of Shareholders. But perhaps it would be better to use nominee director and/or shareholder and then list them publicly? (Specifically, would public listing of the Seychelles shareholders and/or directors increase my chances to get a good bank account and good merchant account for the Hong Kong company?)

It costs about $1500 per year to have nominee shareholder and director for the Seychelles company, so I want to make sure it's necessary.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that Hong Kong requires a human director from 2014. You would need nominees for the Hong Kong company, not the Seychelles company.

Having nominees usually makes opening bank accounts and merchant accounts more cumbersome. Even though you have a POA, many banks will require due diligence on nominee directors.

Latest Threads