Our valued sponsor

Why most EMI not ship cards outside EEA zone?

noname

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
I was wondering but I coudn't find an answer, why most popular EMI (Wise, Paysera, Bankera, etc.) allows you to open and fully use the virtual accounts for Incoming/Outgoing transfers, but they don't ship the Debit card to your address if you are based outside EEA zone, do they have restriction by card companies MC or Visa, what's the real reason for this?

I still don't understand why the large portions of the world still relies on these two US companies and their card technology :rolleyes:.

Any other means to pay a shop without passing through visa/Mastercard?

Depends where you live. There is M-pesa etc if you live in East Africa. Had a friend who even used Revolut to Revolut to pay in a shop in Malta smi(&%. Explore your own countries local non-card payment solutions first otherwise cash works every time ;).

Depends where you live. There is M-pesa etc if you live in East Africa. Had a friend who even used Revolut to Revolut to pay in a shop in Malta smi(&%. Explore your own countries local non-card payment solutions first otherwise cash works every time ;).
Yes my friend but at the end of the day, Revolut, N26, Monese etc ALL work with visa/Mastercard circuit! ;) To bypass them the only available technology is crypto, or being Chinese and go with their internal cards circuit (or Russian with MIR).

Yes my friend but at the end of the day, Revolut, N26, Monese etc ALL work with visa/Mastercard circuit! ;)

Sorry what has a Revolut wallet to wallet payment got to or with visa/mc? :rolleyes:. Are you saying that because Revolut offers cards this has something to do with that payment?

Sorry what has a Revolut wallet to wallet payment got to or with visa/mc? :rolleyes:. Are you saying that because Revolut offers cards this has something to do with that payment?
Yes but receiver must have Revolut as well. Good for friends and acquaintances but not for the grocery shop. So, as per the OP issue, you always need a card for day to day living expenses and not being able to receive one due to country of residence can be a big problem.

Yes but receiver must have Revolut as well. Good for friends and acquaintances but not for the grocery shop.

The shop in Malta accepted it like I said already below :rolleyes:.

Had a friend who even used Revolut to Revolut to pay in a shop in Malta smi(&%.

So, as per the OP issue, you always need a card for day to day living expenses and not being able to receive one due to country of residence can be a big problem.

It is dependent where you live whether you need a card or not. You definately do not need a card for day to day living....lol.

Cash works every time like I said below.

Explore your own countries local non-card payment solutions first otherwise cash works every time ;).

I have traveled the world and never had a problem with cash ;). Cash is easy to obtain from any brick and mortar bank or currency exchange.

Now I am just waiting for another major visa/mc network outage and this time probably bigger. Always good to have cash and not rely on these US card companies old)(#.

Reactions: troubled soul
Any other means to pay a shop without passing through visa/Mastercard?
Amex ICC? In fact it is tailored to non EEA residents specifically. The only issue is they require you these days to have at least 6 months Amex relationship before you can apply for these cards. The nice thing about Amex are usually better than any MC/Visa travel insurance and no DCC scam. Amex doesn't allow any organization to touch the FX, even Paypal etc.

Reactions: jjrapy

Latest Threads