Why people paying fee for custody or wealth management , when you can buy low fee index fund etf by yourself ?

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more
CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.

rowena

Entrepreneur
Also maybe not exprienced, but I would say a portfolio with 1-4 ETF's could get the same return.
Probably higher return with lower fees.

Like pictet 0.3% custody fee and something like 0.7% execution fee.
The rates are very high plus you will pay swiss stamp tax. I closed my UBS account several years ago. Switzerland is good for CH residents or $100M+ people. Why don't you check other stable jurisdictions Luxembourg or Singapore?

Guys, please remember that all the banks and brokers work in the same way, they always did and they will always do. You are just constantly fooled in slightly different ways.
This is the best explanation:
This.

backpacker

Entrepreneur
you will pay swiss stamp tax.
This one reason why buying a bond ETF through a Swiss bank or Swiss broker is not a good idea.
Considering the awkward stamp duty it is better to buy individual bonds OTC where no stamp duty applies. Same with mutual funds where stamp duty is only charged during emission of shares (purchase), not when redeemed.
So, it largely depends what you buy: ETF's and stocks are settled with stamp duty twice (buy/sell), mutual funds only during emission (buy) and foreign bonds sold to a non-resident via OTC are settled without stamp duty. There are many more exceptions.