Our valued sponsor

Why some people are against the democracy ?

I don't think it's fair to mix up democracies here. There are democracies and democracies. Some are clearly s**t (tipically the made-in-USA export-quality ones). Others (switzerland, taiwan, maybe singapore, etc) seem to be more efficient, although through different means.
Bottom line is: blind democracy does *NOT* work as it is too easily screwable. And the pleb is 99% sheeps that will just follow the loudest dog around usually doing absolutely nothing if the dog turns into a wolf and eats them.

I'm sorry I forgot to follow up on your answer here.

I see a very strong connection between personal freedoms and firearm rights. The more the firearms accessibility goes lower, the personal freedoms go lower with it as well.

In the past 2 years, since covid, we lost so many rights as Europeans that it will take at least a generation to recover them.
You must understand that where the john doe can't express his feelings by censorship, or by fines or by any other constraint the one who does that only gets closer to the god complex, that is until a dictatorship arises, and oh boy, it's a straight road.
From your list, except the Swiss, are in the same bucket.

One thing I like about the US is that you may not a agree with the system, you can buy a lot away from civilization and the property rights seem to be respected.
In my country, ever since covid started, any state authority can and has the right to enter your property, fine you for having more than 5 people in your house. Nobody came in my house, but the fact that they can, for over 18 months, makes me feel helpless. And no amount of money can make you feel different.
I've seen friends places entered and trashed for no reason or for music. The abuse is on the rise and nobody cares, nobody can do anything, you can't even protect your home physically because you don't have anything to defend it with.
I saw lately that the government has the right to seize the vehicle you use after the curfew if you are unvaxed, and any peacekeeper can, in a country where half of the peacekeeper can't read.
Please tell me how is this a democracy? Where the average guy has the only right to pay and obey.

If we continue this thread in 10 years this will be Europe, with cash money criminalized, state owned properties all over again, human rights only if you agree with the system.

Reactions: EuroKiss
Anyone here against democracy, I don't think so, people may be against the politicians that wash there hands in the a*s of each other.
wash ta GIF

Reactions: troubled soul
Anyone here against democracy, I don't think so, people may be against the politicians that wash there hands in the a*s of each other.
wash ta GIF
If, today, in the whole world there's maybe just tho half democracies that work, then maybe it's just a too complex system to make it work? To compare, even today kingdoms are doing better (oman, saudis, emirates, etc.)