Our valued sponsor

Wio Bank officially launches in UAE

Opened a wio.io USD and aed account 3 weeks ago, did it all in-app on a Tuesday and had card and checkbook in hand a few days later on Friday. App was very smooth. The courier had to photograph my original physical company files, take usual thumb print etc but it was super easy. Transferred in 40k test AED and 10k test USD same friday the card arrived and was set live, AED was pretty much instant, USD arrived on the Tuesday. Tested card same Friday at a fab ATM, zero charges. Altogether seems a decent account.

which card did you get with wio account(visa, mastercard)?
was it connected to usd or aed account?
@Au999
Sorry missed this - and what moonlighter says is spot on.

The important thing for me is it can hold USD and GBP. Use the card in Dubai for corporate spending in AED, the USD account to receive payments from a US LLC, and the GBP account to pay excess salary bonuses ect into uk-based ADCB Nomo or similar. Works great as a hub to receive and send.

Reactions: sergeylim88
Just check under "Business types we can’t support" and crypto trading is among them.
I've read through the FAQ, but my question is not related to crypto trading. There is no trading. It's receiving a payment from an exchange. There's a difference.

Opened a wio.io USD and aed account 3 weeks ago, did it all in-app on a Tuesday and had card and checkbook in hand a few days later on Friday. App was very smooth. The courier had to photograph my original physical company files, take usual thumb print etc but it was super easy. Transferred in 40k test AED and 10k test USD same friday the card arrived and was set live, AED was pretty much instant, USD arrived on the Tuesday. Tested card same Friday at a fab ATM, zero charges. Altogether seems a decent account.
Still happy with your Wio account? No issues?

I’m also using Wio. I’ve used many banks in UAE and Wio is the best one of all. Haven’t got any single problem sending or receiving payments, they have very good and fast customer support via WhatsApp and their app works really good. It’s like a dream come true compared to the rest of banks in UAE which still work like the 90’s

Reactions: yoyodubai and Au999
Why do you dislike CBD so much?
I don't - my main personal account is with them for all my daily banking and it's phone app whilst not the best is certainly passable.

It's just the online iBusiness platform is ridiculously complex, glitchy and looks to have been put together by monkeys in 1992. Using it and setting permissions to do anything new the first time can be a days guesswork.

I don't - my main personal account is with them for all my daily banking and it's phone app whilst not the best is certainly passable.

It's just the online iBusiness platform is ridiculously complex, glitchy and looks to have been put together by monkeys in 1992. Using it and setting permissions to do anything new the first time can be a days guesswork.
Ah, I understand your pain! I also had my share of troubles with their online banking and spent a lot of time setting it up initially.

Reactions: Au999