Our valued sponsor

Wirex will terminate Visa cards

LisaSimpson

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I received this email from Wirex. It is not clear but I understood they are going to shut down my Wirex visa card.

Wirex has decided to close their managed Visa scheme on the Contis platform on 16th March 2021 following their appointment as principal members of Mastercard. In line with applicable regulations, we give you notice that you will not be able to use your Wirex Visa card for transactions after 6 am on 16th March 2021.

Funds held in your card account are fully safeguarded by Contis. You may continue to use your Visa card as normal and please note that the usual transaction fees/charges and the Contis Issuer terms will continue to apply until closure date.

Before the 16th March 2021, please use the available funds in your Contis card account or transfer them to either your bank account or a Wirex wallet. Any remaining funds in your card account after 6 am on 16th March 2021 will be frozen and safeguarded by Contis.

To access these funds, please email [email protected] to transfer these funds to a bank account in your name. Upon receipt of your request, and successful security checks, we will arrange for the funds to be sent to your nominated account.

Kind regards

Contis Customer Service Team