Our valued sponsor

Wirex X-Accounts With High Interest Rates

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
Anyone seen the interest rates that wirexapp are offering?

Seems they use USDC for your fiat x-account. But 12% on USD, AUD, HKD plus compounding ability. bor&%#

Reactions: troubled soul
Anyone seen the interest rates that wirexapp are offering?

Seems they use USDC for your fiat x-account. But 12% on USD, AUD, HKD plus compounding ability. bor&%#

"*All X-Accounts are created using cryptocurrencies, and pay out interest in cryptocurrencies. All mention of X-Accounts using fiat funds refers to fiat funds converted to stablecoins. No interest is paid on fiat funds or paid out in fiat. Terms and conditions apply."

So, they pay interest on stable coins and not actual fiat, I mean, it's great and all, but that's nothing new, nexo already do this (and they give you loans, plus they have tons of other features that wirex doesn't have), Also there are plenty of reputable websites and services that do this already, like:

But yeah, the more the better I guess :)

Reactions: troubled soul
Why would they give such high % on stable coins? Why would anybody pay 12% for a USD stable coin unless there is some hidden (or not so hidden) risk?

Exactly thu&¤#

"*All X-Accounts are created using cryptocurrencies, and pay out interest in cryptocurrencies. All mention of X-Accounts using fiat funds refers to fiat funds converted to stablecoins. No interest is paid on fiat funds or paid out in fiat. Terms and conditions apply."

So, they pay interest on stable coins and not actual fiat,

Thats what I stated in first post...lol...i.e:

Seems they use USDC for your fiat x-account.

Why would they give such high % on stable coins? Why would anybody pay 12% for a USD stable coin unless there is some hidden (or not so hidden) risk?
Because there is huge demand for crypto loans (specially stable coins loans). investors are leveraging their holdings to get more crypto with these loans, and these Exchanges would do everything in order to keep stablecoins in their platform, they make a ton of money from it, and they share a large percentage of their profits with their liquidity providers (you and me).

For example Celsius says (We earn profits by lending coins to hedge funds, exchanges, and institutional traders, and by issuing asset-backed loans at an average of 9% interest. We're taking the exact same 80% profit margin that banks have kept for themselves for centuries and returning it to our community of depositors).

Reactions: khinkali
For example Celsius says (We earn profits by lending coins to hedge funds, exchanges, and institutional traders, and by issuing asset-backed loans at an average of 9% interest. We're taking the exact same 80% profit margin that banks have kept for themselves for centuries and returning it to our community of depositors).
Banks have 80% profit margin? Man these guys gotta read some balance sheets...

Because there is huge demand for crypto loans (specially stable coins loans). investors are leveraging their holdings to get more crypto with these loans, and these Exchanges would do everything in order to keep stablecoins in their platform, they make a ton of money from it, and they share a large percentage of their profits with their liquidity providers (you and me).
Interesting. Sounds like the perfect ponzi, leveraging your stable coins to buy more crypto... pushing crypto prices even higher.. and so on

12% doesn't sound crazy taking into consideration that the typical exchange can charge to their customers +30% yearly as interest for borrowing stablecoins. The providers of those interest accounts earn most of the money as liquidity providers for big institutions.

This is article have a good explanation of some of the most important risks of those types of accounts

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvio

Latest Threads