Our valued sponsor

Wise account business address verification

reviac

Sep 3, 2023
Tunisia
Visit site
I am trying to create a Wise business account for my LLC in U.S as non-resident. I have a business address of my virtual mailbox with https://www.earthclassmail.com

Can I use that address for Wise? On their website they say "The business address can’t be a PO Box" and I am not sure if that includes "virtual mailbox"

Does anybody knows the answer for this?

With Mercury | Banking for Startups I gave them my international personal address because they refused the virtual mailbox address.

I am trying to create a Wise business account for my LLC in U.S as non-resident. I have a business address of my virtual mailbox with https://www.earthclassmail.com

Can I use that address for Wise? On their website they say "The business address can’t be a PO Box" and I am not sure if that includes "virtual mailbox"

Does anybody knows the answer for this?

With Mercury | Banking for Startups I gave them my international personal address because they refused the virtual mailbox address.
Do you have a authorized agency that formed your company?

Usually will be theirs it writting in your forming documents

And then what? did they approve your application or reject it? why not rent an address on services like Firstbase and live your life? it's like $35/month and you will be able to receive mail
Trust me, Mercury is the best option for you, I have been using it for nearly a year and it's the best fintech I used so far, no fees, limitless Mastercard, great support...etc

You do not want to go with Wise or any other EMI

And then what? did they approve your application or reject it? why not rent an address on services like Firstbase and live your life? it's like $35/month and you will be able to receive mail
Trust me, Mercury is the best option for you, I have been using it for nearly a year and it's the best fintech I used so far, no fees, limitless Mastercard, great support...etc

You do not want to go with Wise or any other EMI
They approved it. The billing address for my debit card and checking account show my personal international address, and I think this is causing some issues. When using the debit card, my payments did not go through on etsy.com and amazon.com and both account got suspended because of "unusual activity" I also tried buying some USDC on kraken.com and the transaction failed. Nothing shows up on Mercury. It is either I am getting flagged for scam/fraud because of the international billing address, or because mercury.com does not provide 3DS verification.

I checked on firebase.io and it seems like the provide the same thing that I have with earthclassmail.com which is just a virtual mailbox, they don't give you proof like utility bills with your name, or bank statements, mercury.com requires those. The only real service that I saw providing this is TruLease - Proof of Physical Business Address | VirtualPostMail - VPM they give you a residential business address in the U.S with proof, like lease agreement and utility bills under your name, but it costs like $100 a month and one time payment of $300 for the utility bill, too expensive for me.

hi
They approved it. The billing address for my debit card and checking account show my personal international address, and I think this is causing some issues. When using the debit card, my payments did not go through on etsy.com and amazon.com and both account got suspended because of "unusual activity" I also tried buying some USDC on kraken.com and the transaction failed. Nothing shows up on Mercury. It is either I am getting flagged for scam/fraud because of the international billing address, or because mercury.com does not provide 3DS verification.

I checked on firebase.io and it seems like the provide the same thing that I have with earthclassmail.com which is just a virtual mailbox, they don't give you proof like utility bills with your name, or bank statements, mercury.com requires those. The only real service that I saw providing this is TruLease - Proof of Physical Business Address | VirtualPostMail - VPM they give you a residential business address in the U.S with proof, like lease agreement and utility bills under your name, but it costs like $100 a month and one time payment of $300 for the utility bill, too expensive for me.
I was never asked for a proof of address for my company by Mercury.

I see! The mistake was the address, you should've provided the U.S. address, they'll accept it, though my account was created from firstbase to mercury without me giving the info, just automatically given to Mercury when I used that "reward" system.
By the way, how much time did your EIN take? is it quick now or it's still slow? if the EIN is not slow you might try again!

When did you incorporate yours? how is the EIN process now?

I see! The mistake was the address, you should've provided the U.S. address, they'll accept it, though my account was created from firstbase to mercury without me giving the info, just automatically given to Mercury when I used that "reward" system.
By the way, how much time did your EIN take? is it quick now or it's still slow? if the EIN is not slow you might try again!

When did you incorporate yours? how is the EIN process now?
When you request the EIN you are asked about an address but no proof of the address is needed.

Your personal address should be outside the US if you don't want to pay taxes on the LLC.

Reactions: reviac
hi

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 10.24.56 AM.png

Maybe that was before, now they do require that you show proof.

When I put the address of my virtual mailbox in the U.S, they straight up declined my application. I have to contact support via email, and send them the documents of my international address to get them to re-review and approve my account.

I thought that it takes much longer to process EIN filings for non-residents in the U.S? Mine it estimated to take around a month. How is this guy doing it? Maybe he got some insider in the IRS? lol.

Reactions: jafo
I had the same issue when setting up the account, I gave my personal address which is in another country and it got accepted.
Friend of mine received a similar email about his existing account and give personal address and seemd to work.

Look in depth what they ask for: "business or residential address, national or international." they dont ask for the US company address.

get a real utility bill for your company.

Latest Threads