Our valued sponsor

Wise during KYC asks me about money sent from my company account to...my mother.

what problem could there be about the fact that he's been sending money, or income of his company, to his mom?
Try to argue that with the compliance team.... It probably won't end well.

Regarding the tax man, If its a tax aggressive country like from the EUSSR they would probably be very curious as to why you're getting money from a random offshore company legal or not..

I have a San Vincent and the Grenadines LLC, previously IBC, with Wise as the only bank, since 2019. Every year Wise does KYC and they always asked me about contracts and stuff for money coming into the company, which I never had problems providing. This year they are asking me about my documents and...Your company's service agreement with XXX where XXX is my mother. It's the only person besides me who received money from the company, I have been sending out money to my mother as I owed/owe her money for a long time, so there is no service agreement. Since an IBC or a LLC has no accounting, I simply sent money from the company account witouth transferring it to my personal account for ease.
What should I tell wise?My idea would be simply to tell them the truth, that I was using the company money as my money to pay old debts and to send money to my mother, faking a service agreement to me seems worse than what I did. What's your opinion?
I have a San Vincent and the Grenadines LLC, previously IBC, with Wise as the only bank, since 2019. Every year Wise does KYC and they always asked me about contracts and stuff for money coming into the company, which I never had problems providing. This year they are asking me about my documents and...Your company's service agreement with XXX where XXX is my mother. It's the only person besides me who received money from the company, I have been sending out money to my mother as I owed/owe her money for a long time, so there is no service agreement. Since an IBC or a LLC has no accounting, I simply sent money from the company account witouth transferring it to my personal account for ease.
What should I tell wise?My idea would be simply to tell them the truth, that I was using the company money as my money to pay old debts and to send money to my mother, faking a service agreement to me seems worse than what I did. What's your opinion?

Very basic. Its your company, you do what you want, just write a basic contract and say she’s an employee. The payments is salary.

You shouldn’t have transfered money to her personal account in the first place, since it can get her into trouble with the tax-man. But thats another issue.

Case closed.

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

What's precisely wrong with that? As long as the @shikari has paid his -- for his company -- taxes, what problem could there be about the fact that he's been sending money, or income of his company, to his mom?
She needs to pay income tax in case it is deemed as income. And 15k/year in Italy is not such small money as one would think, given that most make around that per year under the table or even less.

Facts...lol!!!!!

I would tell them the basic truth then take the L and move on from them. You got to see Wise's point of view. It all looks very dodgy and does not pass the sniff test.
Crazy thing in: its not about *how you earn* anymore. Its about *how you spend*. That is mind boggling that financial institution truly give a s**t about where you send company money. Like they are supposed to decide how you can spend your company's funds.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Crazy thing in: its not about *how you earn* anymore. Its about *how you spend*. That is mind boggling that financial institution truly give a s**t about where you send company money. Like they are supposed to decide how you can spend your company's funds.
Indeed, this is becoming even more surreal.

Funds on banking balances are the banks funds in the first place, we as unsecured (in most cases) creditors just have claims on them.
That is what crypto is supposed to solve.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe

Sadly that's the new reality. They do in effect play God with your money by deciding where and to whom you can send money.

Sadly that's the new reality. They do in effect play God with your money by deciding where and to whom you can send money.
Well I see it more as that they are doing their job. This is one of the reason why I trust Wise and I would not trust other companies: Wise has done the KYC with me every year in a serious way, which means to me that they are a serious company. I mean, I think my setup is legit and that I'm not doing something wrong, even if maybe I do stupid mistakes like the one that started this thread. If Wise closed my account, then it means that what I'm doing is not legitimate, and maybe I should think more about it.

why banned?
Because they are of obstacle to entrepreneurship, to the economy and to the development of the society. They cause financial and emotional distress to honest people, while allowing criminals to take advantage of the system. They are evil.

Well I see it more as that they are doing their job. This is one of the reason why I trust Wise and I would not trust other companies: Wise has done the KYC with me every year in a serious way, which means to me that they are a serious company. I mean, I think my setup is legit and that I'm not doing something wrong, even if maybe I do stupid mistakes like the one that started this thread. If Wise closed my account, then it means that what I'm doing is not legitimate, and maybe I should think more about it.
Good luck with your candor and naivety.

Because they are of obstacle to entrepreneurship, to the economy and to the development of the society. They cause financial and emotional distress to honest people, while allowing criminals to take advantage of the system. They are evil.

Good luck with your candor and naivety.
well, if my setup depends on the fact that people don't asks questions, it's not a safe setup, I'm doing something illegal, and that's not what I want. I'm not naive, if I am not able to give answers to an EMI witrh no disclosure requirements, that means that my setup is not good.

Well I see it more as that they are doing their job. This is one of the reason why I trust Wise and I would not trust other companies: Wise has done the KYC with me every year in a serious way, which means to me that they are a serious company.

Them doing KYC does not equal trust. Never trust an EMI or you will get your heart broken...lol. But I get what you mean when you say some are more serious then others and Wise is pretty serious.

I mean, I think my setup is legit and that I'm not doing something wrong, even if maybe I do stupid mistakes like the one that started this thread. If Wise closed my account, then it means that what I'm doing is not legitimate, and maybe I should think more about it.

A St Vincent shell company paying money to your mother does not sound legit to me ca#"!. You could have just taken money into your own name as dividend, salary etc and then gift to mother regularly "family support". I know Wise don't know that its your mother who is being paid but it still does not pass the sniff using a offshore shell company to do business in 2022.

A St Vincent shell company paying money to your mother does not sound legit to me ca#"!. You could have just taken money into your own name as dividend, salary etc and then gift to mother regularly "family support". I know Wise don't know that its your mother who is being paid but it still does not pass the sniff using a offshore shell company to do business in 2022.
That's a mistake I made. I didn't have any gain in paying my moter through the company and not through my account after distributing a dividend, given the fact that I'm a UAE resident In any case I suppose that if I provide them with a service agreement between me and the person which received the money, theys hould be ok, I mean I paid also other freelancers with my account since they provided services to me, in those cases I had contracts. And in general, I have been super cautious about money going into my company account, every penny has a contract, now I will put the same attention to money that goes out.
And I get your point about EMIS, my heart will not be broken, but as you say some EMIs are more serious than others and in my opinion, Wise is a good one. Then at the end of the day, you can't trust anybody, and you have to divide your money in various baskets, so that, if something goes wrong, all your eggs are not in the wrong basket.

Then at the end of the day, you can't trust anybody, and you have to divide your money in various baskets, so that, if something goes wrong, all your eggs are not in the wrong basket.

Well that is what I did to the extreme. Banks are not what they used to be due to compliance pressures they are put under. Unless you are doing lots of currency conversions etc then no single client is of any economic value to them and can be disposed of as and when they sniff any risk.

Let us know the end result in any case.

What's precisely wrong with that? As long as the@ @shikari has paid his -- for his company -- taxes, what problem could there be about the fact that he's been sending money, or income of his company, to his mom?
Its an issue because he I sending it from his company. If he had just paid out dividends/salary to himself, before sending it to this mother then it would all be fine

Legally speaking, it is not right to use a company as your personal piggy bank though

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Cause handing out money to your mother with company money isn't a business related expense. Even if the company have 0% corporate tax and it "doesn't matter" in theory. And if the company ever went bankrupt the curator would sent mummy a demand letter as the first thing for her to pay all the money back.

And also crazy your moms bank never questioned a thing. I sent 1000 EUR to my little brother from a personal bank account in Malta and his bank called him asking about it.

Its an issue because he I sending it from his company. If he had just paid out dividends/salary to himself, before sending it to this mother then it would all be fine

Cause handing out money to your mother with company money isn't a business related expense. Even if the company have 0% corporate tax and it "doesn't matter" in theory. And if the company ever went bankrupt the curator would sent mummy a demand letter as the first thing for her to pay all the money back.

And also crazy your moms bank never questioned a thing. I sent 1000 EUR to my little brother from a personal bank account in Malta and his bank called him asking about it.
What is important here to know have you sent from a) Malta bank to Malta bank or lets say from b) Malta into e.g. German bank?
If b) that is well expected due to the reputation of Malta.

She needs to pay income tax in case it is deemed as income. And 15k/year in Italy is not such small money as one would think, given that most make around that per year under the table or even less.
Why would the mom pay the income tax if the taxes have already been paid by the OP? Even though they're zero in Dubai.

Or rather: how many times the taxes have to be paid in this case: 1 or 2? Is it OP who has to pay them off the amounts sent to his mom? Or his mom? Or both?

Last edited:
Why would the mom pay the income tax if the taxes have already been paid by the OP? Even though they're zero in Dubai.

Or rather: how many times the taxes have to be paid in this case: 1 or 2? Is it OP who has to pay them off the amounts sent to his mom? Or his mom? Or both?
You really need to hire a good Italian accountant and be prepared also to hire a tax lawyer. The mum’s bank has submitted a suspicious transaction report, the GdF most probably is looking into it and is preparing some nice surprise.
Btw, those who participated in the “scudo fiscale” are in a special watchlist…

Latest Threads